The Ultimate Schlepmobile
By Rubbersoul on
2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
First off, this is my 3rd Honda which says a lot. Customer loyalty I guess. I looked at the CR-V and it was a bit "fancy" for me. I want my little truck to be a truck. I am going to fill it up with all kinds of stuff ranging from Mulch to Christmas trees. The "wipe it clean" interior is awesome just for that. Looking at it you would think this is about as aerodynamic as a refrigerator with the door ope. The reality is, the thing is VERY well designed. Virtually no exterior noise when cruising along at 65. Gas consumption is not at all bad considering its a truckish vehicle. Over all this is a really fun SUV and worth every penny. We love it very much. And best of all, It's a Honda!!!!
Favorite Features
Hands down the completely waterproof and easy clean interior. Love how open it is. Sight lines while driving are incredible with almost no obstructed views or blind spots. Very peppy for a 4 banger and the trans shifts like a beemer. HUGE improvement painting all of the plastics on the EX.
Suggested Improvements
I just spent 21K. Could I maybe get the cargo cover and rubber mat for the back? Stuff slides around a lot on the plastic spare tire deck. And maybe a few more tie down points higher up in the cargo area. Other than that it's really fun and ridiculously practical. Yikes!!! I just said practical.