2008 Honda Element Consumer Review: So far, very good

2008 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Review

2008 Honda Element SUV

So far, very good
By Roman on

2008 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After choosing a black '07 AWD, I changed my mind at the last minute and got a gray '08 SC because I liked the larger wheels, projector headlights, and more civilized interior trim (carpet). I have nothing but praise so far. It's comfortable, practical, fun and gets a lot more attention than I expected. At times I think it's ugly, but it keeps some strange appeal in spite of it. Great feel on the highway, weak acceleration at the light, but after 40 mph, it's a rocket. The interior features are very well thought-out and the audio is better than my '07 Acura TL. While the SC interior is 'softer', it remains a very utilitarian vehicle. It's great.

The audio sounds great - subwoofer/bass are good. High speed handling surprised me for such a tall vehicle and everything inside is well positioned. The tilt-up, lay flat, removable rear seats give it a great dual-personality. Mileage is ~22-25mpg in 1st 1000 miles.

Geek it up a bit with a nav system, bluetooth and more trip computer (like avg mpg). AWD and moonroof (on SC), and you're there.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review