2008 Honda Element Consumer Review: Root Beer Rules

2008 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Review

Root Beer Rules
By S'all Good on

2008 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a more versatile vehicle than the sedans I've driven for years, but didn't want a truck-based SUV or minivan. I've owned several Accords and a Civic -- all great cars -- but after buying a house, needed something to haul stuff on occasion. This well-handling and peppy vehicle fit the bill perfectly. I've been looking for something like this for years. Bought the SC model because I really don't need 4WD, and also really liked the Root Beer color which is only available on the SC. It sits lower on larger tires than the EX or LX. It really makes the car sleeker-looking, and improves the handling. Love this car, and expect to keep it for a long, long time. Fits all needs.

Favorite Features

Color, styling, handling, versatility, features, large, deep center console, XM radio with great sound system. Ride is very comfortable, even with the lower profile tires. Performance is peppy and fuel mileage has been 25-27 all around. Lots of bang for the buck & Honda quality and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Front sunroof, better body rigidity (although the clamshell door design may be the culprit). Rear hatch should be unlockable using the remote... must use the key to lock/unlock it. Brake pedal a bit spongy. Telescoping steering wheel would be nice, as would a cargo net. Give us some leather seats!