2008 Honda Element 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love my Green Toaster

2008 Honda Element - Consumer Review

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love my Green Toaster
By Rob on

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was looking for an all around vehicle for hauling stuff, commuting, and occasional 4wd needed when camping, but didn’t want a truck and this car fits perfect. Always loved the ‘funky’ looking unique design on the outside, but was surprised how big this small SUV is on the inside. More headroom and driver space than my wife’s Suburban. Great for moving furniture, trips to Home Depot, Costco, etc. Consistently get about 22 mpg (not bad for an AWD box), although I drive fairly conservative lately due to gas prices. Thought the rear moon roof was weird at first, but nice to see out of when using seats as a bed. AWD makes this a real blast to drive on dirt roads! 6 months and very pleased.

Favorite Features

This vehicle is functional, functional, functional. Look at the SC model or CR-V if you want more car like interior features. Easy to clean flooring, 270 watt stereo w/ sub- woofer, mp3 jack, 1-touch driver side window power up/down, well thought out functional design. Cargo capacity, AWD, color.

Suggested Improvements

More horse power, but then gas mileage would suffer too. Stuff tends to slide around on hard plastic flooring, cargo mat standard for trunk area would be nice. Seating for 5, moon roof in front. Has blind spots due to mirror’s being so far forward, but solved with small mirrors bought at auto store.