Great small SUV, terrible MPG
By WW on
2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
The Honda Element is a great vehicle. Handles nicely and has a great turning radius. The interior is well thought out, great to throw the kid's bikes inside and not have to worry about dirty carpets, also works well with the dog. Tremendous amount of room for a vehicle with such a small footprint. The engine is somewhat buzzy when pushed. The gas mileage is not coming close to the sticker. 16mpg mixed driving and I have a light foot. Still breaking in, I have only 800 miles on it, I hope it improves. Not the best vehicle if you have a long commute.
Favorite Features
#1 Honda reliability, great stereo, i pod connection, suicide doors, easy to clean interior, tons of room, AWD great in the snow and rain, small footprint, fits well in the driveway, quirky looks, my son loves the rear sunroof, also likes that he sits up high in the backseat, great crash test ratings.
Suggested Improvements
I think it may need more power, engine seems to work hard on hills and getting on the highway, terrible gas mileage for such a small suv, can't see the traffic light if you are pulled right up to the line. Improve road noise, doors and floor should be better insulated.