Used 2008 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

My SC
By Anthony

2008 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I work for Honda. i had my choice of any of the models that Honda has. I chose the element for many reason. Looks, style, diverse interior, upscale interior are just a few. I can honestly say that after 6 months I am still as happy as i was the day i bought it.

Love the upscale feel. The wheels, full colored body panels, interior features, the radio with built in subs.

SUNROOF! in dash 6 disc changer, I am having a sunroof put in mine. More aftermarket accessories, chrome I got a black sc need chrome.

Perfect Car for a Single Guy
By Vaughn

2008 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned two Mercedes and two Cadillac autos, all new cars, plus a Buick Riviera and I can honestly say that this is a far better car than any of them, and it costs 1/3 as much. This is due to the carefully thought out design, simplicity in all features, but most of all very low true cost to own with respect to both maintainability, repair costs, insurance, and related costs. I don’t care about resale value as I intend to keep this jewel for at least 10 years. The ride is great and the 166 bhp is more than adequate power. It also has very responsive steering, plus the electronics are all high quality and well conceived designs.

Steering, electronics and dash.

None

Mostly Utility, some sport
By dc10920

2008 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very reliable, great ride and great for what I use it for. Best car in its class for a practical life. Easy to clean after the dogs have a dirty day in the park. Easy to get my mountain bikes in and out of. Outstanding for trips to Home Depot or Costco! Also, I am 6 ft 3in and this vehicle fits me better then much larger SUV's!

Easy to clean, tons of space, great for an outdoor lifestyle and tailgating at the game. Back seats fold up or remove completely with ease.

Little more power, moonroof in the front

Elementary Perfection
By Roadkill

2008 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, the Element is exactly what I have been needing for years. The quality of build is exceptional with the ride and handling as I expected. Before purchasing, I read numerous reviews and so far no surprises. It handles the winding backroads to work with ease and gas mileage is as advertised.

Flexibility of interior. Although a little hesitant initially, I really like the rubber flooring. Makes cleanup a breeze. XM radio, 4WD, responsive engine and comfortable seating.

Factory shade for the skylight, trip computer, move main cruise control switch to a more convenient location.

The Ultimate Schlepmobile
By Rubbersoul

2008 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First off, this is my 3rd Honda which says a lot. Customer loyalty I guess. I looked at the CR-V and it was a bit "fancy" for me. I want my little truck to be a truck. I am going to fill it up with all kinds of stuff ranging from Mulch to Christmas trees. The "wipe it clean" interior is awesome just for that. Looking at it you would think this is about as aerodynamic as a refrigerator with the door ope. The reality is, the thing is VERY well designed. Virtually no exterior noise when cruising along at 65. Gas consumption is not at all bad considering its a truckish vehicle. Over all this is a really fun SUV and worth every penny. We love it very much. And best of all, It's a Honda!!!!

Hands down the completely waterproof and easy clean interior. Love how open it is. Sight lines while driving are incredible with almost no obstructed views or blind spots. Very peppy for a 4 banger and the trans shifts like a beemer. HUGE improvement painting all of the plastics on the EX.

I just spent 21K. Could I maybe get the cargo cover and rubber mat for the back? Stuff slides around a lot on the plastic spare tire deck. And maybe a few more tie down points higher up in the cargo area. Other than that it's really fun and ridiculously practical. Yikes!!! I just said practical.