2008 Honda Element Consumer Reviews 4

2008 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Homeowners Vehicle of Choice
By Dominik on 10/08/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned an 06 Element and now just bought an 08. From road trips with the dogs to hauling 4x6 wood posts and 4x8 plywood back from Lowes in the same load this vehicle has done everything I've wanted it to do. I always remove the backseats out of my Elements, it makes things easier to clean and get in and out of. I treat it like a covered pickup with really good fuel economy.

I THINK I downsized
By rick259g on 09/17/08 07:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

bought this Element "downsizing" from a Ford Explorer with 186k miles. I have more legroom, better road visibility, passengers in back seats have more legroom than in the Explorer. Pep seems better than the heavy v6 Explorer. The gas mileage has been upsized from 15-16 MPG for the Explorer to 23-25 with the Element. I'm glad I "downsized".

My SC
By Anthony on 09/17/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I work for Honda. i had my choice of any of the models that Honda has. I chose the element for many reason. Looks, style, diverse interior, upscale interior are just a few. I can honestly say that after 6 months I am still as happy as i was the day i bought it.

Perfect Car for a Single Guy
By Vaughn on 09/05/08 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned two Mercedes and two Cadillac autos, all new cars, plus a Buick Riviera and I can honestly say that this is a far better car than any of them, and it costs 1/3 as much. This is due to the carefully thought out design, simplicity in all features, but most of all very low true cost to own with respect to both maintainability, repair costs, insurance, and related costs. I donít care about resale value as I intend to keep this jewel for at least 10 years. The ride is great and the 166 bhp is more than adequate power. It also has very responsive steering, plus the electronics are all high quality and well conceived designs.

Mostly Utility, some sport
By dc10920 on 09/01/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very reliable, great ride and great for what I use it for. Best car in its class for a practical life. Easy to clean after the dogs have a dirty day in the park. Easy to get my mountain bikes in and out of. Outstanding for trips to Home Depot or Costco! Also, I am 6 ft 3in and this vehicle fits me better then much larger SUV's!

Elementary Perfection
By Roadkill on 08/24/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, the Element is exactly what I have been needing for years. The quality of build is exceptional with the ride and handling as I expected. Before purchasing, I read numerous reviews and so far no surprises. It handles the winding backroads to work with ease and gas mileage is as advertised.

The Ultimate Schlepmobile
By Rubbersoul on 08/20/08 05:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First off, this is my 3rd Honda which says a lot. Customer loyalty I guess. I looked at the CR-V and it was a bit "fancy" for me. I want my little truck to be a truck. I am going to fill it up with all kinds of stuff ranging from Mulch to Christmas trees. The "wipe it clean" interior is awesome just for that. Looking at it you would think this is about as aerodynamic as a refrigerator with the door ope. The reality is, the thing is VERY well designed. Virtually no exterior noise when cruising along at 65. Gas consumption is not at all bad considering its a truckish vehicle. Over all this is a really fun SUV and worth every penny. We love it very much. And best of all, It's a Honda!!!!

In my Element
By Lauren on 08/12/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Honda Element has exceeded expectations in nearly every category for affordable transportation. However, if you buy an Element draw on my experience & be sure to leave the windows slightly open during the heat of the day. Two of my windows have exploded due to heat build up in the cabin. Honda will not warrant this condition and frankly, it's an expensive item to replace glass. I watched in horror yesterday as the glass literally popped and fell out of the car when the car was parked in my driveway. Sure my insurance carrier will pay, but I owe the deductible and risk higher premiums. I am disappointed that Honda isn't warranting the design flaw. I feel very let down by the warranty

Repeat Buyer
By Repeat Buyer on 08/06/08 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 04 Element, and bought the new 08. Loved my first Element, and only traded it because I got a great deal. I live in New England and find the car handles all the weather that we get great. I have taken several trips to New Hampshire. Handles the mountains well.

Love my Element!
By Joleine on 07/23/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Element is a lot of fun to drive, has great get up and go, is very utilitarian and has everything we needed in an SUV!