2008 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Does the job
By upstatenewyorker on 09/27/09 02:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 Element EX AWD with 5 spd manual does all I need it to. I replaced a '04 Jetta because I wanted 4WD for the winter road conditions and I needed space to haul stuff- but did not want a pickup truck. The Element along with a lightweight aluminum trailer when needed satisfies all needs. Upon delivery from dealer, I noticed a leak of clear fluid on my garage floor... turns out it was from the rear differential, and they promptly replaced it and I've had no problems since. Feels stable in slippery conditions, and has good power. I've consistently averaged 25 mpg summer, 22 in winter. Smoothest manual transmission I've ever driven.

This is my second one
By Dave Perry on 08/31/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Element. My first one was a 2006, same equipment, different color and traded for an S2000 which was fun while it lasted. I use my 2008 Element as a daily driver and I also sell a high-end Swedish car in my day job which I know inside and out (this will explain some of my suggestions later on). I think the Element is the perfect vehicle for me for a lot of reasons. It gets reasonable gas mileage (27 highway, 24 overall), it has reasonable power, is a blast to drive (no S2000, but what is?), is reliable as motor vehicles get, and has great ergonomics and fun to drive.

Perfect for dog lovers!
By MastiffMobile on 08/30/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If we had purchased any other vehicle, we'd have ruined the interior by now! As an active, young military couple we are avid beach-goers, dog lovers, and spend lots of time traveling 13-15 hrs to see family when we get leave time. This vehicle is perfect for it all! We easily fit our two English mastiffs in the back with room to spare... The waterproof interior holds up great against all the sand, ocean water, and drool! It's comfortable to ride in for all of our long trips, and it's been great for driving to and from dog shows! We've actually had the discussion about "what will happen if Honda stops making the Element by the time we want another one," and we don't know what we'll do!

True SUV
By criticaliron on 08/09/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So many "want to be SUV's" don't hold a candle to the Element. With urethane floors, water/stain proof seats, huge storage capabilities, AWD and good low end torque this vehicle runs circles around the competition. There really is nothing like it. If you bike (we can get two road bikes with aero bars in the BACK), camp, scuba dive (just toss your gear in and hose out later) this is the winner hands down. Most SUV's are all image, but no substance (carpet and leather seats are not advantageous to an active lifestyle). The Element delivers with Honda reliability. After years of Jeeps and their mechanical issues I am hooked on this Honda's sewing machine perfect (and simple) four cylinder.

Element #2
By ghostrider78 on 06/30/09 20:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This replaces my 04 Element LX and it is leaps and bounds better! The AWD was great in a hard great lakes winter even with the OEM tires. The colored body panels are a definite looks upgrade. The stereo in the EX sounds great and the steering wheel audio controls are something I wouldn't go without again. Fuel mileage is so-so and wind noise can be excessive on the highway. Overall, I love this car for the functionality and great winter handling.

The Perfect All Around Car for Me!
By Lizzie on 06/22/09 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a manufacturers rep and drive many miles - I've logged 67K miles in 15 months. My Element is reliable, roomy, has plenty of power on the highway, tons of room for me to carry my samples; headroom to accommodate the tallest of passengers - legroom to spare; this cute little SUV has it all...plus, the lack of carpet makes it so easy to keep clean - after a visit to the beach sweeping out the sand is a breeze. The best part, for me, is that it's ultra easy for my two 80 lb Labradors to jump in and out of - The rear seats come out and give them a huge area. Also, the seats are washable - this is a plus when you have dogs with muddy feet or when you spill your coffee... the Element has it all!

Fun, but not what I expected of a Honda
By Cruisedoggy on 05/12/09 12:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

At 54, this was my very first new car...ever! Everyone said what great cars Hondas are, so I was excited to be buying one, and my beloved Element to boot. At 1000 miles it had been in the shop twice for fuel tank sensor issues. Now at just shy of a year and only 5700 miles I am truly disappointed. It IS fun to drive and I love its funny nerd cool look, but the quality really lacks....small irritations: defrosters are non- existent, radio speakers vibrated from the start, driver's side doors rattle. I'm a single old guy, so it's hardly been given rough treatment.

LOVE my new E!!
By juxtin on 05/03/09 21:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove several different vehicles including the tiny Fit and a luxurious CRV, but as soon as I got into the Element I knew it was the right one. The kiwi-metallic color puts a smile on my face every time I see it and it is so much fun to drive. The factory stereo BUMPS! Accelerates well enough... I don't drive too aggressively... kid seat fits with tons of room left over. I wish the rear windows rolled down. They pop open but that can be a hassle while driving. The seats are fairly comfortable. A little stiff but that helps a bad back on a long drive... good support. TONS of interior room. Feels like a real sturdy vehicle. Drove WAY better than the Pilot. Never loved a car like I love my Element!!

Love It
By Henry on 05/03/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the SC and have gotten lots of compliments about its looks. It's very versatile. It's a lot of fun to drive. It handles great for its shape. It has a great sound system and it's a killer tailgating machine. We purchased the legs for the built in table and it works great. We've put over 10,000 on it and loved every mile.

Needs more interior room!
By hondagirl on 02/26/09 17:45 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great to drive...very good gas mileage for an SUV!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.