2007 Honda Element Consumer Review: The element not so great.

2007 Honda Element - Consumer Review

The element not so great.
By Isaias Medina on

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the gold looking element for its looks and roominess. It looks very different from other SUV's and it has great cargo room capabilities. The car has been very useful in many ways, but I have several issues with it. It has 42k miles and I have replaced both front and rear brakes and still the brakes are working poorly, I'm sure it may need additional brakes work. The tire pressure monitoring system stays on all winter, the dealer said it was normal for this car. I have replaced the windshield once, it needs a new set of tires soon, the dashboard makes cracking noises during winter, it may need alignment again. Otherwise the engine and transmission work fine.

I like the way it handles on the road, roominess, cargo capacity; I like the way the seats fold to create cargo room, and the sound system is great.

To me the seats are too hard and bad for long drives, which I hate because I do a lot of driving with it.