2007 Honda Element 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Good Little SUV

2007 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Review

Good Little SUV
By John on

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Honda Element EX in May, 2007, and I've put about 3,000 miles on it so far. It's run fine with no problems. The 166 HP engine is smooth and peppy, but it isn't going to win any drag races. Fuel economy around town is only about 18 mpg, but I've been getting 29-30 mpg on the highway. This car is great for hauling my eight-year old son and his gear and is great for hauling my bicycle to rides. I don't have to take the front wheel off. I just fold one of the rear seats up on the side of the car and throw my bike in the back. The front seats are comfortable and firm. Plenty of head room (I'm 6'2"). Plenty of leg room in the back seat, too.

Favorite Features

Cargo capacity. Rear seats fold up to sides of vehicle. Lots of features for the money. XM radio standard. Seven speaker stereo standard. Side air-bags standard. VSC standard.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires. Ride is a little on the rough side. I think this may be due to the mediocre OEM tires. External themometer.