Used 2007 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Root Beer Metallic is so cool
By 30309

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda Element, I owned a 2005 EX and loved the car but was not impressed with the over all ride quality. Honda stepped up to the plate with the 2007 SC, this Element handles extremely well and at high speed the car is smooth and quiet.

The color Root Beer Metallic, upgraded interior, 18" wheels, sleek looks, smooth as silk 5sp transmission and ride quality.

The SC needs 6sp manual, metal pedals and maybe just a bit more horsepower

Something different and fun to drive
By Lisa

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I needed to purchase a car with room. I've always owned sports cars. I purchased my Ellie for a couple of reasons. The first is because I loved the looks of it, something different, not your typical SUV. Second is because I have a physical disability. I need to have room for my walker or when I go somewhere that I need to bring my scooter, I just have the back seats folded up and up the ramp it goes! No problem.

What first caught my eyes was the suicide doors. I love the room it gives when both are opened. Comfortable seats. AWD feature, stereo system, the looks alone, it's just a great vehicle!

Cars I used to own had a trunk release button on inside by driver. Honda should do that for the top window part in the back. That would help anyone who has balance issues due to a disability. Blind spots where the two doors meet. I have to drive with tilt down, I'm unable to read speedometer.

I love my 2007 Element SC!!
By Torey Simmons

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Honda Element SC in 06/07. I traded in a 06 Silverado Crew Cab. My element is so much easier to drive and to park. I get double the gas mileage also. I still have plenty of room for passengers and luggage. For the past several years I've traded in my car every 1-2 years but not this one. I absolutely LOVE it. Thank you Honda for a great vehicle! It's awesome to drive too.

The turning radius is my favorite feature along with the XM radio.

I'm 6'2" so I had to lean my seat back a little to see the speedometer completely because the tilt steering would not raise high enough.

I liked the Element when I first saw it!
By ANDY FROM MERRICK

2007 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The new 2007 Honda Element is a pleasure to drive. It's peppy, runs smoothly, and has tons of room. I knew I liked the Element when I first saw it a few years ago. It was "boxy" looking but different than all the other SUVs. And the colors, esp. that unusual orange, were unique. I see people looking at it and in it sometimes. To me all the other SUVs look so much alike. The Element, though it's not so new anymore, has such a striking appearance that it maintains its uniqueness. Even your passengers have a unique ride because they're sitting high up with a great view of the road. The skylight window in the back is fun to use esp. if you're carrying dogs.

Smooth starting, exterior looks, seats go up against the inside, great pickup, fun to drive, good vision all around, dashboard lights up in daytime, pretty easy to park, you can fit a longboard inside, put the dogs in and remove the skylight. The paint has sparkles.

Please, where are the armrests? Why in the world does Honda do this? It was the same on the 2001 CRV. No passenger armrest. The 2004, 2 armrests. It is so awkward for both driver and passenger to have nowhere to lean their arms.

Great car except for the mileage
By E55tech

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We recently purchased our Element and have found it to be extremely useful. The interior is more spacious than you could imagine for such a small vehicle. It is very well designed. The only drawback so far is that we are getting about 18 MPG mixed City/HWY MPG. To claim 21/26 is a bold statement. Great little milk truck though.

The seats fold down into a twin bed. Very cool feature if you like camping. It reminds me of a toy from my childhood.

A more powerful engine would be nice. I have a V8 in my car that gets better mileage. It could also be 1 or 2 feet longer for more space in the back.