Used 2007 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

A pretty cool box
By New Honda owner

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in 07 Nissan Frontier CC with 39,000 miles. Needed more space for kids. Element fits the bill. Rear seats with surprising amount of space, front seats ok. Cargo capacity just right. Engine performance pretty good, but a bit noisy. A/C nice and cold in So Cal desert. Made a good choice.

Favorite Features

XM radio good, btr than I thought it would be, interior space, exterior design is still the best compared to Scion( too physically small and soft).

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a tad bit more power or diesel in the future, increase load capacity, AWD in SC without the 18s.

Look of a Jeep, Quality of a Honda
By Kahnabus

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this on a whim. We were looking into the CR-Vs but when I got in it It was too small, o we checked out the Element. What a nice ride. The seats are very comfortable and the "theater" style seating is cool. Much better stability than most SUVs. To be honest, seeing these on the road didn't seem appealing to me, but the moment I test drove this car I was hooked. It's a fun car to drive. This is the 4th Honda we have owned (5th if you include the 1990 Acura Integra) and I wouldn't trade any of them for another vehicle. We got the Nighthawk black pearl. So far this is the only vehicle I have owned that I didn't noticed a ton of before and especially after purchasing on the road. I'm so satisfied with this vehicle I will probably buy a second one later on down the road But will probably have to pry the Keys to our 2 door Civic from me.

Favorite Features

Cargo room, The excellent sound system, unique looks, suicide doors, 18" alloys. The wide view the front window allows. Ease of getting my son in and out of his car seat, and last but not least the XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. No optional rubber floors like the EX and LX have standard. A little more horsepower. Can't think of anything else.

My Little Deuce Coupe
By FB-HOF Joe

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have 3,000 miles on my black 2007 SC and have not been dissappointed with its looks, performance, ride comfort, transporting capacity and its good looks inside & out. The XM radio performance is outstanding! Front seating is quite cmfortable and provides very good stability in turns. The disc brakes are super smooth and stop the vehicle quickly without any nose-diving or pitching. The factory Goodyear tires give a luxury-sedan ride and road grip with responsive handling. I added a rear spoiler to top off the good looks. I would have added fog lights but they are overpriced ($400.00 is a bit heavy on the wallet). You won't be disappointed at all getting an SC! Enjoy!

Favorite Features

Glides smoothly on a better-surface interstate highway. Highway mileage 2-3 MPG better than rating of 27. Driver door design allows for two different elbow rest positions.

Suggested Improvements

1. Power side windows for better ventilation when not using A/C. 2. Center Console a little higher for driver arm rest. 3. Power moonroof

FUN and Practical
By John

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I chose the EX because I did not want carpeting,just vacuum and wipe down with a sponge. EX features are worth the extra cost over the LX, map light, arm rests, stereo, ect.In Florida rainstorms,the AWD is great.I carry lots of gear and you can configure the back end many different ways.I love the feel. A bit of road noise but the sound system in the EX drowns it out. I would like better mpg.I get 19cty and 24hwy. I recommend fog lights and the optional console for extra storage space. I HATE the sunroof! There should be a sliding cover to keep out the heat. In Florida, my backseat passengers are cooking! I plan on getting extra heavy tint for that. I recommend it and would buy it again.

Favorite Features

Roomy seating, good leg and headroom-front and back. Dash display with blue lights are cool. Sound system. Fold down and removable back seats. No carpeting, easy to clean. I haven't tried to hose out the car yet. Best of all, it's fun to drive. Suicide doors are nice, but (see below)!

Suggested Improvements

Needs better mpg for such a small engine. Needs a cover for the sunroof on AWD models. What idiot designed that? Some of the plastic interior trim is cheesy. Suicide doors need to open wider to get passengers out in tight parking spots.

Good Little SUV
By John

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Honda Element EX in May, 2007, and I've put about 3,000 miles on it so far. It's run fine with no problems. The 166 HP engine is smooth and peppy, but it isn't going to win any drag races. Fuel economy around town is only about 18 mpg, but I've been getting 29-30 mpg on the highway. This car is great for hauling my eight-year old son and his gear and is great for hauling my bicycle to rides. I don't have to take the front wheel off. I just fold one of the rear seats up on the side of the car and throw my bike in the back. The front seats are comfortable and firm. Plenty of head room (I'm 6'2"). Plenty of leg room in the back seat, too.

Favorite Features

Cargo capacity. Rear seats fold up to sides of vehicle. Lots of features for the money. XM radio standard. Seven speaker stereo standard. Side air-bags standard. VSC standard.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires. Ride is a little on the rough side. I think this may be due to the mediocre OEM tires. External themometer.