Used 2007 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Finally, logic built into a car
By David Parks

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Element is the ultimate utilitarian vehicle. I love the flexibility of having a large cargo area. The entire interior is easy to clean, I am never worried about getting it muddy, wet, or dirty. There is tremendous flexibility with the cargo area since the seats go up. The AWD works great, I've been through heavy snow with great results. On long drives I fit a twin size air mattress in the back and sleep 2 people. I can fit just about anything in the back (bikes, sofas, tons of gear, etc). It seems like every inch of this car is build purely on logic. It's a no frills car that is brilliant in its simplicity. Hey, it took genius to discover E=mc^2, the element follows in that tradition.

Waterproof interior (I really have taken a hose to the interior). Easy to clean (a vacuum works wonders) Super flexible seating (lie flat for a bed, fold up one or both back seats) Low cost Better than average fuel efficiency Very comfy for all passengers Very flexible, all situation vehicle

Have an option to seat 5. An indicator light when the AWD kicks in. Built in AC power inverter. Plug in hybrid option (I can wish can't I?)

Things you should know
By Honda lover

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's exactly what I expected. Only car I have ever owned in which I do not get a backache-amazing support on short or long trips. Split rear door is extremely efficient-infinitely better than most splits & better than all single doors. Very useful for utility, carrying big & lots of things. Great traction in snow. Only 3 negatives which I expected:rear seat is useful only in a pinch; had to remove headrests from rear seats to see, but don't use them anyway;choppy ride. Otherwise turning radius is great,headlights great,lots of stg places,easy to clean. Got armrest stg option, and love it. Would not suggest for young kids with carseats. Great for dogs-leave backs of rear seats down always

Driver seat back support, utility, easy ingress & egress, headlights, handling, quaint appearance, split rear door, turning radius, ease of parking, traction, reliability, workmanship, seat coverings, rubber (not carpet) floors, immense doors, perfect size. Plenty of pickup.

Improve ride, allow rear seats to slide forward another 6 in.

A pretty cool box
By New Honda owner

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in 07 Nissan Frontier CC with 39,000 miles. Needed more space for kids. Element fits the bill. Rear seats with surprising amount of space, front seats ok. Cargo capacity just right. Engine performance pretty good, but a bit noisy. A/C nice and cold in So Cal desert. Made a good choice.

XM radio good, btr than I thought it would be, interior space, exterior design is still the best compared to Scion( too physically small and soft).

Maybe a tad bit more power or diesel in the future, increase load capacity, AWD in SC without the 18s.

Look of a Jeep, Quality of a Honda
By Kahnabus

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this on a whim. We were looking into the CR-Vs but when I got in it It was too small, o we checked out the Element. What a nice ride. The seats are very comfortable and the "theater" style seating is cool. Much better stability than most SUVs. To be honest, seeing these on the road didn't seem appealing to me, but the moment I test drove this car I was hooked. It's a fun car to drive. This is the 4th Honda we have owned (5th if you include the 1990 Acura Integra) and I wouldn't trade any of them for another vehicle. We got the Nighthawk black pearl. So far this is the only vehicle I have owned that I didn't noticed a ton of before and especially after purchasing on the road. I'm so satisfied with this vehicle I will probably buy a second one later on down the road But will probably have to pry the Keys to our 2 door Civic from me.

Cargo room, The excellent sound system, unique looks, suicide doors, 18" alloys. The wide view the front window allows. Ease of getting my son in and out of his car seat, and last but not least the XM radio.

Gas mileage. No optional rubber floors like the EX and LX have standard. A little more horsepower. Can't think of anything else.

My Little Deuce Coupe
By FB-HOF Joe

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have 3,000 miles on my black 2007 SC and have not been dissappointed with its looks, performance, ride comfort, transporting capacity and its good looks inside & out. The XM radio performance is outstanding! Front seating is quite cmfortable and provides very good stability in turns. The disc brakes are super smooth and stop the vehicle quickly without any nose-diving or pitching. The factory Goodyear tires give a luxury-sedan ride and road grip with responsive handling. I added a rear spoiler to top off the good looks. I would have added fog lights but they are overpriced ($400.00 is a bit heavy on the wallet). You won't be disappointed at all getting an SC! Enjoy!

Glides smoothly on a better-surface interstate highway. Highway mileage 2-3 MPG better than rating of 27. Driver door design allows for two different elbow rest positions.

1. Power side windows for better ventilation when not using A/C. 2. Center Console a little higher for driver arm rest. 3. Power moonroof