Used 2007 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Element SC - Too many problems
By iPhoneholio

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Cons: The Element is my first Honda and probably the last. Reliability and build quality was surprisingly poor with subpar components. Tires wore out at 24,000 miles, all new brakes (rotors & pads) at 30,000, speedometer broke at 5,000 miles, windshield replaced twice with mystery cracking, drivers seat cushioning compressed and wrinkled, and scheduled services are over priced. The ride of the SC model is very harsh if the road is less than perfect - I had to stop drinking coffee in the car due to it too easily splashing. Brakes are noisy even shortly after replacement. Very uncomfortable for long drives due to no "dead pedal".

The look is cool and the space in the rear is great. Love the ability to easily move the seats around without removing them.

Build quality and ride are poor for a Honda. Too many unexpected expenses in the first 30,000 miles!

2007 element
By Bobby

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Honda element. This is my second one. Only issue i have is that this is the second time that the master brake cylinder went out after about 29,000 miles. It was under warranty. I also had a 2004 element and the same thing happened. Kinda odd that it would go out in my 2007 element. I think Honda should check into a internal leap problem in the master brake cylinder. Other wise, I love my element. thanks.

Lots of space inside

Putting a moon roof closer to the middle. Putting better tires on the new car. My good year tires only got me 30,000 miles.

Who didn't love the Ugly Duckling?"
By Pam

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Okay, when my Dad owned one in Silver I totally thought it looked like a toaster. He raved about it, so when the lease on my 2004 Grand Cherokee was up I thought what the heck (always been a Jeep girl) Test drove the Element and the CR-V and to be honest the CR-V was teeny inside, my husband is 6'5" and he has plenty of room, so do my two boys. I love the ease of a rubber floor with two kids and the special order stain proof fabric on my EX. But most of all Mommy loves cranking up the tunes on the killer stereo system. Super fun to drive & own. Better than any Jeep I have ever had, more fun to drive, better gas mileage and AWD if I ever need it!

Stereo system, comfort, very peppy engine, ease of maintenance all around (interior, exterior)

Get rid of the suicide doors, very bad with kids in crowded parking lots. Also make sunroof electric and add shade cover for sunroof. Hybrid model or improved gas mileage.

Honda Element 2007
By JoAnne Stubbs

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Honda Element but the blinds spots are annoying when backing up. I have had to replace the brakes on the rear after only 17,000 miles. Honda Corp. has not followed up on my complain either to resolve the issue. I have owned many vehicles and have never had to service calipers or replace brakes with so little miles. Very disappointed in Honda in how they handled the issue.

Rubberized floor mats. Fun to drive and great for hauling stuff.

remove some of the blind spots. replace manual sunroof and rear windows with automatic.

Love at First Sight
By Paula

2007 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was in love with the element from day one, it took me until 2006 to finally take a look inside . I was hooked! In dec. 2006 my dealer found a 2007 kiwi lx manual I ordered and bought it on the spot, no test drive needed. I read different reviews for people wanting carpet, different shifter location etc. For them I say "get a normal car." the Element is not for everyone, but good for children, pets, hauling things and having fun.

Everything, looks, color, performance, safety and weird

None , Nata , Zip