2007 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Nice ride
By steve on 04/25/08 11:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a lot of miles each day and enjoy them all. After back surgery I needed something roomy and easy to get in and out of not to mention good gas mileage. My wife now wants one of her own...

Love My Toaster!
By Sally on 04/21/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I first saw this vehicle, I thought it was one of the ugliest vehicles on the road - I nicknamed it the toaster. My son and I went shopping with my husband for a Ridgeline. While my husband was discussing the terms for the Ridgeline, my son and I checked out the Element. Once we sat inside of it, we fell in love with it. We went for a test drive that day - within two weeks I had my Element. I love it, and now I find it quite cute. It's fun to drive, very utilitarian. We've carted everything from a flag pole, gardening tools, plants, baseball equipment, fishing poles to our Springer Spaniel with ease. The car makes everyday rides fun adventures.

5 months and counting
By new honda buyer on 04/15/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought new SC in Nov.07, now have 36,000 km in 5 mos. No problems. Power/handling fine. Gas consumption fair as to be expected, but much better than previous Titan. Interior space and utility of overall vehicle unmatched by anything else out there.

one poblamatic element
By west texas element on 04/02/08 23:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought a 2007 Honda element sc model silver, 18 inch mags sc package, right now it has a little under 6000 miles on it and its been in the Honda shop a total of 4 times. First it had a noise underneath the driver side, so they said it was a strut assembly. The replaced under warranty which is good still the noise was there. We take it back the second time for another kind of noise on the driver side doors they adjusted them fixed for a while again back in the shop now said they hooked up some microphones all over it and found out the noise underneath is the steering rack? So in the shop again oh yea this thing gets very poor gas mileage, the power is lackluster and the windows are noisy

Best car i have ever owned
By hatchva on 03/15/08 10:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace a truck and a mini-van. It did that and more. Drives like a car, has the utility of a truck, and the comfort has surprised me. I have used it for family vacations, football tailgating, commuting, hauling large items to the dump, taking the dog swimming, and kayak fishing. I plan to go camping in it this spring. It is without a doubt the most useful and fun vehicle to drive and own that I have ever had!!!

07 Element EX AWD MT review
By Alaskan_Toaster on 02/23/08 12:31 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my E for almost 7 months now. Included in my 16000 miles is a 6300 miles across the US trip from GA to AK (yes, Alaska). I towed a 1500# trailer behind it the entire way. I have absolutely no complaints about the comfort of the seats (even after 10-12 hours). The creature comforts and convenience items were well placed, easy to reach, and worked wonderful. The utilitarianism (is that a word?) of the vehicle is fantastic. We have made the decision to buy a second one to replace our other small SUV. IMHO - you won't regret getting one.

Element is a good little car
By DWoodman on 01/28/08 13:25 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was drawn to the Element by the interior flexibility and suicide doors and it doesn't look like a mini-van. My previous car, however was a Subaru Forester and I think Honda could take some lessons from Subaru on building AWD drive trains. This car has torque steer on hard acceleration and there is a lot of wheel spin on wet pavement. Once you get the element going, it's a hoot to drive. I am interested, though, to see how this car will perform in snow (a little worried). The ABS works well which will be good for snow driving. I miss not having the headlights turn off when I turn the ignition off, although, the warning bell has kept me out of trouble so far. I could do without sunroof

The Element
By Mark on 01/13/08 21:05 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was first concerned about the location of the stick shift lever. However, the location is in a suitable place and this is not an issue. The manual transmission aids the driver to control the vehicle and requires little effort to employ. Both the suspension and transmission handles very well. I preferred the manual over the automatic after test driving both vehicles. The ElementÂ’s large interior dwarfs my 1997 Grand Cherokee. Very large or older adults can enter and exit the rear seat of the Element with ease. The rear seats can be configured to carry various loads. This is important to both home owners and active individuals that participate in outdoor activities.

Finally, logic built into a car
By David Parks on 01/10/08 14:45 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Element is the ultimate utilitarian vehicle. I love the flexibility of having a large cargo area. The entire interior is easy to clean, I am never worried about getting it muddy, wet, or dirty. There is tremendous flexibility with the cargo area since the seats go up. The AWD works great, I've been through heavy snow with great results. On long drives I fit a twin size air mattress in the back and sleep 2 people. I can fit just about anything in the back (bikes, sofas, tons of gear, etc). It seems like every inch of this car is build purely on logic. It's a no frills car that is brilliant in its simplicity. Hey, it took genius to discover E=mc^2, the element follows in that tradition.

Things you should know
By Honda lover on 12/23/07 13:31 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's exactly what I expected. Only car I have ever owned in which I do not get a backache-amazing support on short or long trips. Split rear door is extremely efficient-infinitely better than most splits & better than all single doors. Very useful for utility, carrying big & lots of things. Great traction in snow. Only 3 negatives which I expected:rear seat is useful only in a pinch; had to remove headrests from rear seats to see, but don't use them anyway;choppy ride. Otherwise turning radius is great,headlights great,lots of stg places,easy to clean. Got armrest stg option, and love it. Would not suggest for young kids with carseats. Great for dogs-leave backs of rear seats down always

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.