Used 2007 Honda Element SC SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Little Blue Bread Truck
By msvic

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I truly concur with the folks who LOVE their Elements. I, too, fell in love with the car when it was first featured in a Newsweek column with a photo of the very first 2002(?) model to hit the road. It took me 5 years to call myself the owner of an Element, but I've never looked back. I love my car. It drives like a dream! I took the back seats out so I'd have room for my dogs. I have never missed carpet. The resilient plastic flooring is ideal, especially when it comes to cleaning (which I'm not so good at because I live in a rural, dirt road area). But, at least when I do clean, I can do it with a bucket of soapy water and a rag--and it gleams!

Favorite Features

Exterior profile and design. Roominess. Sound system. Ease of cleaning.

Suggested Improvements

I'd really like to see greater variety in color choices (dark green was my hope, but I still don't see such a hue). Original tires barely got 25K miles. Mileage needs to be improved. Hybrid would be fabulous.

Nice ride
By steve

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a lot of miles each day and enjoy them all. After back surgery I needed something roomy and easy to get in and out of not to mention good gas mileage. My wife now wants one of her own...

Favorite Features

The roomy cabin and removable rear seats are great features

Suggested Improvements

If I could change anything I would make the ride smother and add a larger fuel tank. More options like leather seats and sun roofs for the SC would be nice as well.

Look of a Jeep, Quality of a Honda
By Kahnabus

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this on a whim. We were looking into the CR-Vs but when I got in it It was too small, o we checked out the Element. What a nice ride. The seats are very comfortable and the "theater" style seating is cool. Much better stability than most SUVs. To be honest, seeing these on the road didn't seem appealing to me, but the moment I test drove this car I was hooked. It's a fun car to drive. This is the 4th Honda we have owned (5th if you include the 1990 Acura Integra) and I wouldn't trade any of them for another vehicle. We got the Nighthawk black pearl. So far this is the only vehicle I have owned that I didn't noticed a ton of before and especially after purchasing on the road. I'm so satisfied with this vehicle I will probably buy a second one later on down the road But will probably have to pry the Keys to our 2 door Civic from me.

Favorite Features

Cargo room, The excellent sound system, unique looks, suicide doors, 18" alloys. The wide view the front window allows. Ease of getting my son in and out of his car seat, and last but not least the XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. No optional rubber floors like the EX and LX have standard. A little more horsepower. Can't think of anything else.

Root Beer Metallic is so cool
By 30309

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda Element, I owned a 2005 EX and loved the car but was not impressed with the over all ride quality. Honda stepped up to the plate with the 2007 SC, this Element handles extremely well and at high speed the car is smooth and quiet.

Favorite Features

The color Root Beer Metallic, upgraded interior, 18" wheels, sleek looks, smooth as silk 5sp transmission and ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

The SC needs 6sp manual, metal pedals and maybe just a bit more horsepower

First Element- Won't be the last!
By familyof4

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had my first Honda Civic for 14 yrs then replaced it with another Civic several years ago. With two kids, we wanted something safer. Given the heavier weight, side curtain air bags and great crash test results, we bought the Element SC and absolutely love it. Its a lot fun to drive, handles very well, sounds solid when you close the doors, ride is quiet, looks great, safer than the previous Civic and is very functional. It has more room from the passenger seats forward than our Mazda MPV. Another very satisfied Honda customer. When will US car makers get on the ball?

Favorite Features

Safety, XM radio free for 3 months, radio controls on steering wheel, side curtain air bags, fold up/removable seats, leg/head room, plenty of storage, great sound system, 18" alloys, great color (galaxy gray) etc.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother ride on rough streets and better fuel economy (good but could be better).