2007 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
good value
By boeserkritiker on 03/14/13 10:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle new in 2007. got 97K miles now. It has served us reliably well as you hope from a honda with 2 exceptions. right after the warranty expired we had to shell out 500 bucks to replace a rear strut that was gone. and the original battery left us stranded multiple times when it was only 3y old. . i read on blogs that many people had that problem. since it got replaced, out of my pocket, that issue is gone. the door design is weird if you have people actually using the rear seats. especially in tight parking spots. you get trapped in the space between 2 doors. it gets worse if you have to get little children out of their child seats in the rear.

2007 ex AWD Atomic Blue Element Automatic
By sarasmydog on 10/21/12 20:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Although I bought it used in 2012 about 6 months ago with 53,000 on the Odo, it has been very worthwhile in just about all catagories although Im used to V6 power in other vehicles it is still "peppy" enough for me although I did wish it got better gas mileage or maybe it is I am just not used to it? Overall in 99.9% I would give it a definate thumbs up. Its been very dependable and durable and I cant wait to try it out on the snow this year in NE Iowa. Of course I was almost sure I would love it? Its a Honda and they are known for reliability!

Good Car, Not quite as advertised....
By miamioolite on 01/15/11 14:14 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for three years and about 32,000 miles, drove it across the country and in Montana for a year. The drive is good, not remarkable. The gearbox is solid and smooth. The turning radius is very good! The build quality was great, and I had no problems with the engine just regular maintenance. My only problems were with the "realtime" all wheel drive and the cargo capacity. This car is marketed as a young adventure vehicle. Well with a gross payload of 600ish lbs.....4 people generally hits the limit so no gear, as long as you keep it light your ok. The AWD was slow to react to slipping wheels so you start sliding on spinning wheels too often. what is the point of the tilt sunroof?

A great used car to buy
By "D" on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought My 07 Honda Element. It has 63,000 miles on her but it drives like a brand new car. I was gonna purchased a Saturn Vue but it was promised to another buyer. It was a stroke of luck the dealer had the Element available. Yes it is a bit bouncy but I was very impressed with everything on the Element. Even being 3 almost 4 years old it was turning heads, I got the silver S C. A very handsome and very practical car. If you are looking for a Cadillac ride you wont like it. If you are looking for a great fun to drive practical people and property hauler look at the Elements. As far as the interior it is either a like or dislike. The triple design to me is a nice touch. Get one !

One of my favorites!
By jharris09 on 07/23/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The element lacks in features such as auto headlights, USB, power seats, sunroof, etc. The gas mileage is less than you would expect from a Honda. In all honesty I could care less about that. I absolutely love this car. Even those who give this thing lower ratings rarely cite any real material issues such as engine or transmission issues. The stereo is great for a factory set up. This is absolutely one of my favorite purchases.

2007 Element
By James on 04/26/10 23:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Fell in love with this vehicle at the showroom and still enjoy driving it but alot of the features may not be right for everyone so do your homework if you want to buy one.

Little Blue Bread Truck
By msvic on 03/25/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I truly concur with the folks who LOVE their Elements. I, too, fell in love with the car when it was first featured in a Newsweek column with a photo of the very first 2002(?) model to hit the road. It took me 5 years to call myself the owner of an Element, but I've never looked back. I love my car. It drives like a dream! I took the back seats out so I'd have room for my dogs. I have never missed carpet. The resilient plastic flooring is ideal, especially when it comes to cleaning (which I'm not so good at because I live in a rural, dirt road area). But, at least when I do clean, I can do it with a bucket of soapy water and a rag--and it gleams!

Best Vehicle I have ever owned
By hatchva on 01/24/10 10:00 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have put 55,000 miles on this car and it has been a pleasure. The Element handles extremely well in snow and out-performed 4wd vehicles on a recent ski trip in the West Virginia mountains. I drove the ELement to Miami and back and found the seats to be very comfortable and the open cabin a definite plus. My only complaint is that I had to replace the tires at 30,000 miles. I put Michelin tires on and they have 25,000 miles on them with very little wear. The Element makes corrections in snow and ice that make driving in extreme conditions safe. On the beach the Element handled well, although I didn't push it and enter the soft sand. Overall, an outstanding utility vehicle!!!

Fantastic All Purpose Vehicle!!!
By Mooshi on 01/10/10 17:16 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven my Element in every condition imaginable over the last 3 years and love it. Very functional interior allows for many different activities. Hauling, camping, daily commute and more. I average 22 mpg in everyday driving. Factory tires are junk, replaced with Michelin's, what a difference. I recommend installing the clear protective tape on the front end to protect from chips. I had Z- bart install for $450, covers hood, bumper and headlights and it has been worth the money. I love this car and would recommend it to anyone who is in the market for a fun to drive, dependable all purpose vehicle. I have a new baby and the clam shell doors are a challenge for my wife.

The element not so great.
By Isaias Medina on 12/14/09 18:34 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the gold looking element for its looks and roominess. It looks very different from other SUV's and it has great cargo room capabilities. The car has been very useful in many ways, but I have several issues with it. It has 42k miles and I have replaced both front and rear brakes and still the brakes are working poorly, I'm sure it may need additional brakes work. The tire pressure monitoring system stays on all winter, the dealer said it was normal for this car. I have replaced the windshield once, it needs a new set of tires soon, the dashboard makes cracking noises during winter, it may need alignment again. Otherwise the engine and transmission work fine.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.