Used 2007 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Such a cool car!
By Gale

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Lowest maintenance of any vehicle I've ever owned, but it's time to move on. I don't need the large cargo space anymore to transport my wares. Fun to drive, easy to take care of, I love the element.

From soup to nuts, it does it all.
By Judy Eastham

2007 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The only thing I'd change is the drink holders. They are hard to get to with the arm down. I love the cargo room with the seats folded up to the sides. I have brought a 50 gallon water heater home with my car and a new dishwasher. I wish they hadn't discontinued the Element I would buy a new one. My husband simply doesn't fit in other cars and I got this to ease his getting in and out. It provides him with the necessary head room. Hey Honda bring it back just like it is.

good value
By boeserkritiker

2007 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle new in 2007. got 97K miles now. It has served us reliably well as you hope from a honda with 2 exceptions. right after the warranty expired we had to shell out 500 bucks to replace a rear strut that was gone. and the original battery left us stranded multiple times when it was only 3y old. . i read on blogs that many people had that problem. since it got replaced, out of my pocket, that issue is gone. the door design is weird if you have people actually using the rear seats. especially in tight parking spots. you get trapped in the space between 2 doors. it gets worse if you have to get little children out of their child seats in the rear.

I was never happy about the mpg. on one hand its ok for a vehicle that size i guess but when we don't need the large space for luggage etc. we drive as much as possible with or more full efficient second car. lately mpg in mixed driving got barely over 20. used to get 23 with 25 highway. engine runs a little rough in cold weather until it has warmed up. you need to figure out how to store stuff in the car otherwise it slides around on the slick floor all the time.

I would still recommend the car hands down. it is overall very reliable, versatile and easy maintain and keep clean. i barely spend more than $200 a year on average on repairs and maintenance per year. I ran 2 sets of tires for almost 50K miles each and do basic maintenance myself. I transport large stuff all the time and the fold-up/ removable seats really come in handy for that. we even happily slept in the rear of the car on the floor on an air mattress with the seats up when it was raining cats and dogs on a camping trip and the tent literally collapsed under hard downpour. last but not least the car is a rally good value for the size and reliability.

2007 ex AWD Atomic Blue Element Automatic
By sarasmydog

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Although I bought it used in 2012 about 6 months ago with 53,000 on the Odo, it has been very worthwhile in just about all catagories although Im used to V6 power in other vehicles it is still "peppy" enough for me although I did wish it got better gas mileage or maybe it is I am just not used to it? Overall in 99.9% I would give it a definate thumbs up. Its been very dependable and durable and I cant wait to try it out on the snow this year in NE Iowa. Of course I was almost sure I would love it?
Its a Honda and they are known for reliability!

Door Rubber as a tendency to come loose with a quick pop back on,Gas mileage could be better for a 4 cylinder. Ac compressor rather rumbley @ times?

Good Car, Not quite as advertised....
By miamioolite

2007 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for three years and about 32,000 miles, drove it across the country and in Montana for a year. The drive is good, not remarkable. The gearbox is solid and smooth. The turning radius is very good!
The build quality was great, and I had no problems with the engine just regular maintenance. My only problems were with the "realtime" all wheel drive and the cargo capacity. This car is marketed as a young adventure vehicle. Well with a gross payload of 600ish lbs.....4 people generally hits the limit so no gear, as long as you keep it light your ok. The AWD was slow to react to slipping wheels so you start sliding on spinning wheels too often. what is the point of the tilt sunroof?

clamshell doors, maneuverability, wipeable floors.

Driver switchable AWD, alert driver when the AWD is on. power sunroof? Honda: get some better OEM tires, the factory tires were awful!