2006 Honda Element 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - The doors are the deal

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

The doors are the deal breaker!
By Rocky on

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love Hondas. This is our third. After a very positive experience with our second Honda (2004 CR-V) I thought this would fit my needs for fuel economy and versatility. While it is very versatile, has a great interior volume feel, and very solid reliability, I would not buy one of these if you routinely haul more than two people. The clamshell doors are a nightmare, especially with kids and especially in parking lots or your own garage.When parked on an incline, the front door won't stay open to allow the rear clamshell doors to open. The rear door has to close first, posing a strange sequence for getting in/out. Along with this, the lack of rear seat up/down windows is a drag.

Favorite Features

Interior volume, rear seat adjustment options, no-wear floors and seats, excellent factory sound system (MP3/WMA/XM capable).

Suggested Improvements

THE DOORS! ARG! it is so awkward to get folks in and out of the back seat. Who puts a moonroof in a car and doesn't even offer a real tonneau for it? I bought the Honda factory snap- on "screen" for $200 and am still disappointed in Honda with this feature.