Not for everyone, but a great car
By Jonathan W. on
2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I have had my Element for 5 years now and am still waiting for the first sign of a problem. (OK, there was an airbag light that came on for no apparent reason, but a brief visit to the dealer fixed that.) It just keeps on running despite my best efforts to wear it out. The all wheel drive works great, and while it is not a performance car by any means, it has more than enough giddy-up. The absence of carpets, along with the water resistant upholstery, makes it an ideal choice for camping, swimming, etc. -- even with dogs. I am 40 years old, but I don't think I will ever outgrow the Element. I look forward to keeping this car for 5 more years and then getting a new Element.
Favorite Features
No carpeting. Water resistant upholstery. Front seats and rear seats fold flat and link together to form a surprisingly comfortable place to sleep. Sunroof in the back is great for looking up at the stars. The way the back seats fold up and out of the way is awesome.
Suggested Improvements
The center console is kind of flimsy and separates from the floor easily. It also collects crud and is a pain to clean. Maybe a redesign is in order, perhaps with a sliding cover for when the cup holders are not in use?