2006 Honda Element Consumer Review: MY ELEMENT

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Review

EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

MY ELEMENT
By XM subscriber on

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's been 13 years since my last new car..also a Honda..which I am still driving with over 200k.. The Element is very eye appealing, and quite fun to drive, and it always gets very nice comments and stares (atomic blue). I like the all painted body.. The clam shell is great to load kids in and out of and the flexibility of moving seats up is great for large items..however, have not tried removing yet..edge of front tires seem to wearing out..don't know if hard driving or not..also the sunroof is tricky to close once you open it..it should have been designed like the rear side flip outs..

Overall, this is a unique vehicle that with its inherent flexibility has many more benefits then negatives. I have this car for 3 months and still drive it happily..also subscribed to XM which makes driving it even nicer.

Overall it is not as fuel efficient as other Hondas but the 2007 seems to have improved, things slide when turning or braking hard, easy to clean floors get slippery when wet- downside. The sunroof lets in a lot of heat, I tinted mine dark so passengers don't get burned, fix stuff sliding