2006 Honda Element Consumer Review: Great SUV

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great SUV
By Ray Price on

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great automobile. I have 16000 miles now and have had absolutely nothing to report that has happened mechanically. I did replace one of the front panels. I scratched it severly on a bush and thought I was in for costly repair because I thought I'd have to replace the entire front fender. To my great surprise all I needed to do was to order the panel that covers the fender. It just pops off and the new one pops one. The fender would have cost me some $2000 bucks where as the panel was some $40 dollars and change installed. What value.

I love the easy clean of the interior. Take a hose and in 10 minutes you are thru. Just don't get water over 3-4 inches deep in the front floorboard.

My one and only suggested inprovement is to offer a V-6 engine or a supped up 4 cylinder. The current 4 cyl. delivers 20-21 mpg city and 23-24 mpg hwy miles. I think a supped up 4 or better yet a nice v-6 would deliver much better gas mileage. It's too much vehile for the current 4 cylinder.