Used 2006 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Good family car with young children
By Supply18

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Element is a good car for the money. The floorboard is rubber, not carpet which keeps spill stains away. It is easy to clean and looks ok with running boards. The rear seats are raised so you can actually see where you are going from the back seat. It is easier to see when changing lanes compared to other SUV's I have driven. Gas mileage is better than most SUV's, but still not great for a Honda.

Favorite Features

Rubber Floorboard and waterproof seats. The doors swing open very wide for easy loading and unloading of children. Fold down tailgate and removable seats for carrying a load. Satellite radio and nice sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Outer appearance lacks appeal.

Good truck-van-SUV
By Elemental

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got a great deal. This is really multipurpose. I thought it was somewhat homely but it's grown on me quickly. The AWD does great in the snow. I was actually shocked how well the AWD worked. The OEM top of the line stereo is typical blah but other than that this is one heck of a SUV, truck, van or car LOL for the money!

Favorite Features

It's so darn roomy. The passengers in the back have tons of leg room to stretch out! The little bugger is peppier than I would have guessed.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo is rather blah and nondescript.Even with the OEM sub the sound and the appearance of the stereo leaves a bit to be desired. Can't wait to replace it with something better.

Coolest box ever!!!
By Dagackster

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Never thought I would own one of these things, but when they became available with the body colored panels I just could not resist. Not only was I impressed with the look of the Element, but I was blown away by the amount of room in it. It is a great car to own if you have kids because not only can you wash the floors, but the back seats are far enough back that they can't kick the front seats. If you are skeptical about this car please go look at one at your local dealership and you will fall in love. My wife even fell in love with it after she cursed me out all the way to the dealership.

Favorite Features

Tons of head room. Seats easily fold up or remove. Fold down TV does not get in the way of the rearview mirror because of the high roof. Removable carpet kit. Body color panels!!!!

Suggested Improvements

A center console between the front seats would be nice, and would help with the little storage space it has. Also, I highly suggest putting 20 inch wheels on it. This dresses the Element up and makes it look really smooth.

MY ELEMENT
By XM subscriber

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's been 13 years since my last new car..also a Honda..which I am still driving with over 200k.. The Element is very eye appealing, and quite fun to drive, and it always gets very nice comments and stares (atomic blue). I like the all painted body.. The clam shell is great to load kids in and out of and the flexibility of moving seats up is great for large items..however, have not tried removing yet..edge of front tires seem to wearing out..don't know if hard driving or not..also the sunroof is tricky to close once you open it..it should have been designed like the rear side flip outs..

Favorite Features

Overall, this is a unique vehicle that with its inherent flexibility has many more benefits then negatives. I have this car for 3 months and still drive it happily..also subscribed to XM which makes driving it even nicer.

Suggested Improvements

Overall it is not as fuel efficient as other Hondas but the 2007 seems to have improved, things slide when turning or braking hard, easy to clean floors get slippery when wet- downside. The sunroof lets in a lot of heat, I tinted mine dark so passengers don't get burned, fix stuff sliding

Love the Element
By EXP

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first new car. What convinced me to buy this car was the interior. I love the fact that the floors are a rubber material that can be wiped up. The seats are stain resistant and the interior is supposed to be scratch resistant. I went for the top model that has real time 4 wheel drive. The car drives very smoothly and it can make really tight turns. Everyone who has seen it is shocked at the amount of room inside the car. There is plenty of let room and head room for even the tall people. There is ample trunk space, and the 90 degree opening of all door makes loading anything easier. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who has kid or who transports a lot of stuff

Favorite Features

I love the fact that the seats are so easy to move, I can easily fold them up so that I have more room to transport. I also love the controls on the steering wheel, it makes life much easier. Cup holders are easily located, and there are enough for everyone in the car.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is that the steering wheel sits low, I sometimes feel as if it is in my lap. I can't just glance at the speedometer, I have to lower my eyes to look under my hands. So far that is my only complaint and I have had the car for two months.