2006 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Wonderful Element ... a joy to own and drive
By spg on 07/24/06 17:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Element has been a true joy to drive, to and from work every day plus a 3600 mile trip when I had had the car only a month and a half! My 80 year old mother said that it is one of the most comfortable vehicles which she has travelled in on a vacation. I am very satisfied; I feal that the value received is well worth the price.

My 06 Element 2wd 5spd
By Matt Bennett on 07/24/06 09:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this vehicle and taking it on trips. Interior room is very accomodating for family. I am 6'4" tall and can easliy fit in front or back seats with plenty of room to move.

A Very Nice Ride
By JOHNE on 07/21/06 09:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My first new car ever, and a real joy for me. Roomy, comfortable, plenty of space to knock around in. I looked at a lot of other cars in the class and the Element out ranks the others to me. I am getting 25 mpg in the city, which surprised me. A real joy to drive, very nice ride height and view of the road. I have only got 2200 miles on it so far, but it suits me. More backseat leg room and no "scrunched" seating, and the rear seats recline, so passengers may snooze if they choose. It is a loaded Tangerine, bought before I saw any ads. It just seemed right, it fits.

Great appliance
By iggyst00ge on 07/19/06 07:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Element is the definition of the car-as-appliance. It's an unbelievably functional car that has been the perfect toddler and dog transportation for our family. Not as awkward as an SUV, rides like a top-heavy Civic, more interior space per passenger than anything other than a bus, decent MPG (around 23), room to carry bigger cargo, the interior is plastic, but it's solid and takes a beating. With the AWD it's also great in the snow. Think of it as a downsized van with some nice creature comforts thrown in. Yes, it's a little underpowered, and yes it can blow around on windy days. The lack of a fifth seat is an inconvenience, but it does everything else so well, I forgive Honda.

Tom's opinion
By Tom Whaley on 07/14/06 08:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car is new. Drove it on a vacation trip of over 3000 miles without any problems and enjoyed the experience. Fuel consumption was better than manufacture's estimates. This is the first small care that I have ever owned and the only thing that I have a problem with is the steering wheel hides the gauges.

Black Box
By Ratbert on 07/14/06 05:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have had Element for several months - used primarily for vacation in South Carolina from New Jersey. Since I'm doing a renovation in SC, I need to haul a lot of stuff. Fits my needs perfectly. Last time, instead of stuff, we took our 3 75 lb. dogs, and it worked out great. Plenty of room for them and our gear. Being able to remove rear seats is a big plus. Wish it had more guts, and gas mileage is so-so, but I knew that going in. For the price I don't think you can beat it.

My Element, my dear
By Annetta Johnson on 07/13/06 17:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The fact that it has all the headspace and room is suprising because from the outside it looks quite small. I went from an Isuzu rodeo to this but the handling and gas mileage is already noticable. I have only had this about 2 weeks. But I am very pleased.

Great car just wish it had better seats
By carguy96 on 07/12/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We had an 03 model and it was great, but I question the quality of the 06 I just purchased in May. We are currently experiencing problems with the drivers seat. The Seat back has been replaced and now the seat bottom and height adjuster makes all kinds of noise while you drive. The dealership said there is nothing wrong with it and that I had a lot of warranty on the vehicle.

Great Choice. Great Value
By VegasRobb on 07/11/06 08:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to test drive the Element on the advice of an Element owner I met at the local Mini Cooper dealership. I liked the look of the Element. I remember reading a review that the Element was a combination of a "Mini Cooper and a Hummer". I can't say they're wrong. From the moment I sat down for my test drive, the Element just felt right. The car has been wonderful. I enjoy driving again and my friends say that I'm always smiling when they see me driving around town. For the price, the Element comes with quite a bit in terms of built-in features and provides a good amount of value. Make you sure want the EX *or* the EX-P look. I like the uniform color over black fenders.

Great Vehicle
By penny on 06/25/06 20:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV. I love driving it. My kids like it too. I have owned a CRV, but the element is my favorite. I also love the satellite radio. Great vehicle, no complaints!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.