Used 2006 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

1 Yr Honda Element Ownership
By lightcollector

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Element in Jan. 2006. I traded it in at the end of Dec. 2006. I bought it for big interior space and good fuel economy. How these folks can give this suv a 9-10 rating is beyond me. They must have great stereos. Engine: Fine on flat roads, uphill a struggle. Trans: Shifts smooth except uphill. Windnoise: Moderate. Roadnoise: High. Fuel Economy (Note: 2WD Auto): When I got the car average 24-25, City 23 Freeway 21. By the time I unloaded it 20-21 average, City 17-18, Hwy 19-20. Rattles: Lots. As I fixed 1 another one arrived. Body Panels: Horrible seam alignment. Ride Quality: Civic grade. Cheap. Body Sway: Enough to want to barf. Honda Service: Utter GARBAGE. Overpriced.

Favorite Features

Space, fun to drive (when it did not rattle). Uniqueness. Initial fuel economy. Honda add-on armrest. Easy maintenance. Best Feature: The day I traded it in.

Suggested Improvements

1. Suicide doors clunk once broken in. Advice: Put Velcro on door hinges. This fixed it for me. 2. Fix rattles. Maybe I just got a bad one. 3. Get new software for the Body Assembly Robots. They cannot figure out a straight alignment point. Curious: Look at hood and top of back gate.

Elemental!
By Kim

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car - especially if you are outdoorsy, have animals, etc. FUN to drive, you can sit up and see things without the gas gobbling of a larger vehicle! Best car I've had in a long time!

Favorite Features

Roomy headroom. Plastic flooring -- open doors, and with a wet clothe just wipe it out. Messes do not last long in this vehicle. Sunroof is fun. Camping possibilities a great bonus :)

Suggested Improvements

One of the best features (the plastic flooring) also creates one of its problems: unless items are secure, they slide. No improvement suggested, but it is something to know about car. However, accessories (like cargo net) can help alleviate this problem.

The Most Overlooked SUV
By Scottso

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I went from a 4 dr Toyota Tacoma 4x4 to the Element. Gas and space was the factor. The Element hit both of those areas as well reliable. I now have 2600 miles on my Kiwi Green Element. I love everything about it. The drive is smooth than my old truck. I don't have to shift into 4wd. The fuel savings is big compared to the truck. Inside the vehicle tons of room and storage pockets. The kids love the room and sunroof.

Favorite Features

The interior easy to clean esp. with kids. Seats clean up just as easy as the floor. The cargo room with the seats up as well down. This is an all around winner.

Suggested Improvements

I would make this vehicle into a 5 pass. auto. Roof racks and fog lights standard. I had to install them after. Otherwise the Element is a Winner.

my 06' honda element
By Ryan Rice

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Element in august of 06' and never thought id love it as much as I do. It is so versatile! The element has so much leg room in the front and back seats, I never have a complaint from any of my friends. My favorite feature thought is the folding seats. I have plenty of room for a few sets of golf clubs or when I need to take my bulldog somewhere the fold up seats are perfect bc the cargo area is so huge for her cage to fit into. The element body style is not for everyone I must say. You must be a real fan of boxy SUV's to appreciate the body style. But the interior is something that everyone can appreciate.

Favorite Features

spacious front and rear seating. plenty of head room. fold up, fold down, and take out back seats. clam style tailgate. suicide doors make it easy to get in and out, no matter what the persons size or item you need to put in the back seat.

Suggested Improvements

the 2.4 ivtech engine is good...but i wish there was an available V6.

Honda Element EX-P
By Mark Lynn

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great versatile vehicle. Amazingly useful and fun too. The SUV has loads of features and is easy to convert from passengers to cargo use. Gas mileage is pretty steady around 23 MPG overall, but doesn't vary much from city to highway use. Actually has a reasonable amount of pep. Could use a five speed transmission, which I guess is standard for 2007. Fit and finish is Honda all the way, which is to say fantastic. Forward and upward vision is somewhat restricted due to extended roof line for taller people, but there is a tremendous amount of headroom, both front and rear. Could use a little more legroom for front seats in fully extended position. Maintenance is thrifty.

Favorite Features

Versatility of vehicle. This is what an SUV was meant to be. Probably not going to blaze a new path of Pike's Peak, but extremely useful for everyday use. Plus you can always pick your vehicle out in a crowd, because nothing else looks like it.

Suggested Improvements

Extend front windshield upwards and backwards to increase forward vision, which is somewhat restricted for taller drivers. Extend legroom for front seats, as the maximum position is still somewhat limiting for taller drivers. Offer a multi-disc in dash CD player as standard equipment.