2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Honda Element
By leinad on 09/06/06 17:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Element drives well and handles like a car, actually better in some respects. It has been fun owning a unique vehicle like this one. I do get lots of looks from everyone. People love the car. I think mostly because it is unique as far as everything else out there on the road.

LOVE IT
By JACK on 08/26/06 08:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of mountain driving. For a 4 banger this vehicle has a lot of pep. i removed the back seats to accommodate the load I usually carry. Tons of room! I love the smooth engine. The only con I can think of is that it pulls to the right because of torque on the front drive wheels. the right drives more than the left.

Get One!
By ClrlyCnfsd on 08/15/06 12:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this car I figured I'd only need the storage space every so often; but now that I have it I am hauling stuff all the time with ease. I fit a large dining set with 6 chairs in this little guy. The interior is so well thought out. For a compact you have an amazing amount of space. Only thing I could gripe about is the gas milage. I'm only getting 16 to 18 mpg. That being said, I am hauling stuff all the time so it isn't too bad. Fun to drive and everyone who checks it out just loves it. It's a little sluggish compared to past cars I've owned but I'd say it has enough get up and go for just about everyone.

Got to love it!
By Sara on 08/14/06 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I thought this was the most ugly car but all you have to do is drive it! My husband got one and we have taken it to NC from FL 3x so far and it has driven better then any van we have ever owned. There is so much room it is wonderful! Handles great. Husband uses it for work and can get so much stuff in it its amazing! I'm waiting for new 07 SC and I'm getting one too!

New owner thoughts
By dreamstogo2 on 08/06/06 06:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Only filled it one time. Not too thrilled with gas mileage. Seems well thought out. Hauled 22 folding chairs, two folding tables, two folding canopies, and 4 lawn chairs and still had room for more!

I'm In My Element
By Sbinder on 08/05/06 15:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for everything its made for. It could use some upgrades like daytime running lights. 4 wheeling isn't really an option because of how low it is to the ground and if you look under it, the fuel tank is the lowest point. Gas mileage is not so great at all I have only averaged 20 miles per gallon in the city. It does have great power though and good acceleration.

Outstanding automobile!
By HM on 08/01/06 21:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent crash test ratings, great gas mileage for an SUV, unique styling, reliability, and personality plus ... what else do you need in a car? Take a test drive and you'll be hooked!

Love it!
By s a jollensten on 07/26/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car is comfortable, fun to drive, great gas mileage and the XM radio is a must! Great for trips to the market, the beach, the lumber store. I can't say enough nice things about it! I am sold, and some of my friends are sold too. Did I mention it has loads of head room and is so easy to find a parking place for!

Love my Kiwi Green Toaster
By Jimpete on 07/26/06 08:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Wow! Had for approx two weeks now and have had a fairly long road trip 4 hrs. Love the comfort, style most and not to mention the stereo, it rocks! I traded in my '06 Honda Civic. It was a nice car, but the seats were very uncomfortable and couldn't house the pup so it had to go. It's fun and I enjoy it.

No Longer Boxed-In
By Elementary on 07/25/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased '06 EX-P AWD, AT. Put on 400+ miles the first weekend, including a day of hiking, venturing on dirt roads & a night of sleeping. Sleeping on seats is comfortable on back or side. I suppose sleeping on the cargo area with therma-mats would also work. Floor is great, mud can be wiped out with a sponge. Traded in an '05 Mazda 3 hatchback for more room & more abilty to get outdoors and easiness to clean. Love the body colored side panels, too bad they came one year later! Lots of available options for the outdoors. Lots of head & leg room, can't believe it's considered a "compact" SUV. Built for outdoor use or as a daily driver.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.