Used 2006 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Rolling Brick
By sweeks1360

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very fun vehicle to drive and I love the open interior space. Plenty of room for tall people. Great cargo hauling capacity and easy clean interior. Great sound system - 270 watt stereo. Ride in back seats can be bumpy, but nice moonroof for the rear people. 2007 model has 5 speed automatic and can get slight better highway mileage than this 4 speed automatic, but still decent mileage.

Stereo is great and the interior room is awesome for Tall/Big people. This is minor, but I like the windshield washer sprayer... It is a fine mist and cleans the window so much better than streams of fluid. Nice Accessories

Better ride for backseat passengers, Moon Roof for front passengers and maybe a roll down window for rear seats

Not Just Another Cube
By Gaspar

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Comfortable, quiet enough and smooth ride has made this car fun to drive on trips. Four passenger seats has its drawbacks. Acceleration adequate for city driving, but a bit restrained during highway maneuvers. Typical of SUV style, the visibility is less than you'd get in your regular car, and something other users have mentioned. Seat fabric is not easily cleaned as you'd imagine from its hype. I enjoy the look and easily recognizable factor at the Mall.

The rear seat flexibility, and their easy removal for carrying cargo is terrific.

Could definitely use more storage compartments. A removable Center counsel would be a excellent improvement; especially since they is none at this time.

Great daily runner
By W.Li

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Best daily runner I have had since my first car in 1958. Quiet, strong, rattle-free, and stable at moderate speeds. Very good on long distance trips, only one my wife can actually get some sleep in on real long night drives. Getting 26mpg on a 5-speed in mixed 50-50 driving on a daily basis. Real easy to park.

Excelent build. Excellent engineering. Excellent ergonomics.

Swap out the stock tires ASAP. Lots of alternatives available, and all are better for adhesion and wear than the BFG's.

Great little box
By Toaster Owner

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend is a car snob (drives an Infiniti and an Audi TT previously) ... she doesn't like it. But I love it! I could have bought something more expensive but very few vehicles offer the value and low-TCO of this thing. I've taken the rear seats out several times to accommodate moving furniture, big screen TVs, etc. Its so versatile.

Roominess inside - I feel claustrophobic in almost anything else now. Ease of cleaning with the rubberized floor is great. The engine on flat roads is spirited. All-wheel drive in the rain is nice. I also like the fact that it is a polarizing design :). Availability of after-market accessories.

Sunroof for the folks up front. More torque from the engine - but I think it is pretty much at its limit now. Driving up the North Georgia and Western NC mountains sometimes takes a while.

The Best Car I Ever Had
By Aim

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. It is a great mom car since the inside can be wiped down. It also has enough room for me to get into the car while putting my daughter into her seat. The leg room in the back is wonderful.

The amount of space inside, color, miles per gallon.

None needed for me!