Used 2006 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Not Just Another Cube
By Gaspar

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Comfortable, quiet enough and smooth ride has made this car fun to drive on trips. Four passenger seats has its drawbacks. Acceleration adequate for city driving, but a bit restrained during highway maneuvers. Typical of SUV style, the visibility is less than you'd get in your regular car, and something other users have mentioned. Seat fabric is not easily cleaned as you'd imagine from its hype. I enjoy the look and easily recognizable factor at the Mall.

Favorite Features

The rear seat flexibility, and their easy removal for carrying cargo is terrific.

Suggested Improvements

Could definitely use more storage compartments. A removable Center counsel would be a excellent improvement; especially since they is none at this time.

Great daily runner
By W.Li

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Best daily runner I have had since my first car in 1958. Quiet, strong, rattle-free, and stable at moderate speeds. Very good on long distance trips, only one my wife can actually get some sleep in on real long night drives. Getting 26mpg on a 5-speed in mixed 50-50 driving on a daily basis. Real easy to park.

Favorite Features

Excelent build. Excellent engineering. Excellent ergonomics.

Suggested Improvements

Swap out the stock tires ASAP. Lots of alternatives available, and all are better for adhesion and wear than the BFG's.

Great little box
By Toaster Owner

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend is a car snob (drives an Infiniti and an Audi TT previously) ... she doesn't like it. But I love it! I could have bought something more expensive but very few vehicles offer the value and low-TCO of this thing. I've taken the rear seats out several times to accommodate moving furniture, big screen TVs, etc. Its so versatile.

Favorite Features

Roominess inside - I feel claustrophobic in almost anything else now. Ease of cleaning with the rubberized floor is great. The engine on flat roads is spirited. All-wheel drive in the rain is nice. I also like the fact that it is a polarizing design :). Availability of after-market accessories.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof for the folks up front. More torque from the engine - but I think it is pretty much at its limit now. Driving up the North Georgia and Western NC mountains sometimes takes a while.

The Best Car I Ever Had
By Aim

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. It is a great mom car since the inside can be wiped down. It also has enough room for me to get into the car while putting my daughter into her seat. The leg room in the back is wonderful.

Favorite Features

The amount of space inside, color, miles per gallon.

Suggested Improvements

None needed for me!

Where were you all my life
By BOXERMOM

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been thru at least 6 diferent SUV's trying to find the perfect car for my, work, dogs, and camping trips. The 1990 Trooper came close, but this car is perfect. The dogs love it, I love it, and my lead foot loves it. Took it to the snow at Brian Head, Utah. AWD works great. Had chains, didn't use them, and climbed those 12,000 feet mountains like a regular mountain goat. Next trip Glacier national park. Like the seat in 2007 more, since seat belt is conected to seat and not door post.

Favorite Features

Washable, no carpets, engine, panoramic windows, gas mileage, agile, great pick up

Suggested Improvements

You did it in 2007. Seat belts on seat.