2006 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Great Vehicle!
By Jill on 05/03/07 15:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Highly recommend. Love the interior design and comfort. A little rough on the bumps, but overall, a nice ride. Have over 10K miles and have had no problems.

In My Element
By FRL Hammer on 04/29/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is every reson to own a Honda. It is a solid well built car. It is compact on the outside. Huge well designed hauling space on the inside. Seats are wide and comfortable. The engine is a bit under powered. Fuel economey is a true 23 mpg

Great car
By black on 04/08/07 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's a bit ugly, but a lot of fun. Exterior design is bad, but great inside. Low MPG because it's tall, but it's a quality car. The way the doors open sometimes bothers me, especially when getting other passengers in a tight parking space. Great engine, floor surface and seats. Far from perfect, but worth the experience of owning one.

I Luv My Element!
By EllieMint on 01/12/07 19:30 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have an hour drive to work on a ridiculous highway. So, my husband and I decided to trade in my 2004 Honda Civic for a bigger and safer car. We chose the 2006 Honda Element in tangerine metallic (bright orange). It was by far the best car purchase we've ever made! Not only is it SO MUCH FUN to drive, but it's SUPER roomy, sooooo easy to clean, it has a ton of compartments, and the sound system is great! We're shopping for a car for my husband now and we can't find anything that comes close to the Element for value and price.

1 Yr Honda Element Ownership
By lightcollector on 01/08/07 10:44 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Element in Jan. 2006. I traded it in at the end of Dec. 2006. I bought it for big interior space and good fuel economy. How these folks can give this suv a 9-10 rating is beyond me. They must have great stereos. Engine: Fine on flat roads, uphill a struggle. Trans: Shifts smooth except uphill. Windnoise: Moderate. Roadnoise: High. Fuel Economy (Note: 2WD Auto): When I got the car average 24-25, City 23 Freeway 21. By the time I unloaded it 20-21 average, City 17-18, Hwy 19-20. Rattles: Lots. As I fixed 1 another one arrived. Body Panels: Horrible seam alignment. Ride Quality: Civic grade. Cheap. Body Sway: Enough to want to barf. Honda Service: Utter GARBAGE. Overpriced.

Elemental!
By Kim on 01/02/07 12:43 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car - especially if you are outdoorsy, have animals, etc. FUN to drive, you can sit up and see things without the gas gobbling of a larger vehicle! Best car I've had in a long time!

The Most Overlooked SUV
By Scottso on 12/14/06 18:54 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I went from a 4 dr Toyota Tacoma 4x4 to the Element. Gas and space was the factor. The Element hit both of those areas as well reliable. I now have 2600 miles on my Kiwi Green Element. I love everything about it. The drive is smooth than my old truck. I don't have to shift into 4wd. The fuel savings is big compared to the truck. Inside the vehicle tons of room and storage pockets. The kids love the room and sunroof.

my 06' honda element
By Ryan Rice on 12/12/06 07:36 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Element in august of 06' and never thought id love it as much as I do. It is so versatile! The element has so much leg room in the front and back seats, I never have a complaint from any of my friends. My favorite feature thought is the folding seats. I have plenty of room for a few sets of golf clubs or when I need to take my bulldog somewhere the fold up seats are perfect bc the cargo area is so huge for her cage to fit into. The element body style is not for everyone I must say. You must be a real fan of boxy SUV's to appreciate the body style. But the interior is something that everyone can appreciate.

Honda Element EX-P
By Mark Lynn on 12/09/06 08:35 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great versatile vehicle. Amazingly useful and fun too. The SUV has loads of features and is easy to convert from passengers to cargo use. Gas mileage is pretty steady around 23 MPG overall, but doesn't vary much from city to highway use. Actually has a reasonable amount of pep. Could use a five speed transmission, which I guess is standard for 2007. Fit and finish is Honda all the way, which is to say fantastic. Forward and upward vision is somewhat restricted due to extended roof line for taller people, but there is a tremendous amount of headroom, both front and rear. Could use a little more legroom for front seats in fully extended position. Maintenance is thrifty.

Great 2nd SUV
By jh06703 on 12/04/06 14:35 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Perfect for Alaskan roads. Good for carrying dirty hunting dogs and all necessary equipment.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.