2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
I love our honda elements
By KIM MELCHERT on 02/05/06 14:23 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is our second Honda Element. This time we tried the awd lx. Our first Element is a 2003 dx. We love them both and I don't think we will ever have a different vehicle as long as they still make the Element. Both cars are manuals and they drive like a dream in all conditions. I would recommend the Element to anyone interested in a find product at an affordable price.

2006 Element EX-P
By Daren on 02/01/06 23:48 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After shopping around for a reliable SUV I set my sights on the new Element EX-P Model. I liked the vehicle before, but the composite sides kept me away. The new model not only looks fantastic but drives fantastic. As far as gas mileage it gets the listed 26 hwy and 22 city with the automatic. Handles great and cuts through the air at high speeds on the highway. I haven't noticed too much swaying from the wind. Seems like they should offer a more powerful engine in the EX models, perhaps a modified V6 Accord engine.

ELEMENTal Excellence
By Happy Honda Owner on 01/30/06 19:40 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I you are an active person, live life out of your vehicle, this is the one for you. I used to own a pickup truck to carry my gear (bike, climbing, camping, scuba equipment). It worked fine; but with the Element, packing and unpacking is done is a third of the time it took for my pickup. It is amazing how much space this little SUV has. With all of the safety features, the easy (and I mean really easy) clean-up floors and seats, it is perfect for the active lifestyle.

first time ownet of a honda
By steve on 01/27/06 19:14 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The honda element is small short suv/wagon/truck/jeep like vehicle that takes your eye at first. Since I haven't owned it long enough. I cant realy judge reliability but it's seems to handle well. Wish there were more options that were standard equipment, especially a roof rack, instead of some the comfort features they give.

Element lover
By Hiker on 01/22/06 09:09 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it against all my friends advice based on it's looks. Now, 2 of the most vocal friends are going to buy one. I live in Minnesota and the Element AWD tracks on slippery roads beautifully! I have had 4WD cars and trucks for a long time and this one beats them all. I have a white German Shepherd Dog, who sheds on everything, and cleaning the Element is so easy with no hair getting permanently stuck on any fabics, and of course, flooring. I climbs sandy hills, muddy slopes, and is really fun to drive on dry pavement. I am so happy I bought it. I get more impressed with it all the time.

Needed More Room!
By Amanda on 01/16/06 16:57 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this Element a few days ago after owning my Honda Civic Hybrid since 2003. Big difference in gas mileage, but with a 4 month old daughter we needed a lot more room! We stuck with a Honda because we love the quality and we loved the price of the Element. It's cute, it's practical and it gets the job done. I love the fact that when my daughter's old enough to drink and eat, I don't have to worry about stained seats and carpet.

This one's just right
By bpd on 01/15/06 08:43 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We tried a cr-v, that was too small. We tried a highlander, that was too big. then we tried the Element and it was just right. The interior is perfect for our active lifestyle as well as the lifestyle of our 90 lb dog. The exterior is sleek and functional. The gas mileage is better than we had hoped for in an suv. Overall we are very pleased with the element.

THE Best Care to have with Children
By Jennifer on 01/03/06 14:27 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the best vehicle to own if you have kids! My 2 kids love this car as do I. It is very fun to drive, very peppy, and very reliable. The Element is very easy to keep clean which is important when you have 2 kids under 7 years of age. Everything wipes down and sweeps out--no worries about spilt drinks or candy. The dog loves riding in this one, too! Plenty of room for everyone with room left over for the extras.

My best car....ever!
By Dave on 01/02/06 01:25 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever owned! It's fun to drive, it has great space and it's a Honda. If you want creature comforts, this car is not for you, but if you love something that's practical and reliable...this car is for you. Great sound system. The most roomy car I have ever been in. More roomy than the Hummer H2 and H3. Very easy to park anywhere.

Short Term Impressions
By Mobius on 12/28/05 14:42 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for about two weeks, but so far it has met or exceeded all expectations. It is very peppy around town, and has no problem on the interstate. I am a large man (300+ lbs) and feel very comfortable driving this vehicle, the rear seat roominess is truly outstanding. As I said I am large, but my friend "Bob" is truly enormous at 6'6" and over 425 lbs. And even he has no difficulty riding in the front passenger seat. Yes it is that roomy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.