Used 2006 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Great, fun, small SUV
By Zema

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great use of the interior space. Easily holds four adults in a remarkable use of space. We normally carry two adults, two children and a large dog (Siberian Husky). Everyone loves the car. The kids especially like that they can see forward (because stadium seats). We orginally bought it because we need to regularly go from no-snow states to high-snow states (Canada also) - works great for this purpose. The only option that we bought were the heavy rubber floor mats; we bought them so the dog would not slide around. If you buy it, the manual is a lot more fun to drive than the auto. We often drive at 85+ mph on interstates with no fear other than speeding tickets :) More used than our BMW.

Very intelligent use of space; easily the best for a small SUV. Fun to drive (manual transmission). Easy to park. Great road visibility. High quality throughout; lots of nice, surprizing smart design features.

Heavier duty trailer hitch.

Yippie
By sum1

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

owned a jeep and rav-4 in the past niether compare in overall driving excitement. good gas mileage, tight turning radius, small in length and fun to drive, me being a tall guy and still have plenty of room to relax both up front and in the back with room to spare. A+

gps for them long road trips

Great Utility Vehicle
By Dan

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my family's second Element and we have loved both. Safety and performance are both very good. Very low maintenance. The 2wd seems a little bit peppier than the 4wd that we had previously. The stereo as well as the interior design are both very nice. Ways to improve this vehicle would include; a little bit more power and slightly better fuel economy. Otherwise it is a fantastic vehicle!

Stereo, Interior Surfaces, Handling, & Overall Versatility.

Slightly more power & higher fuel economy.

Cargo Load
By HC

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After reading owners guide, I was disappointed to read that the cargo load is 675 pounds. So, IMOP, Honda is advertising the cavernous interior as if it can haul lots of stuff, that is doing customers an injustice. If you have the car full...4 people at 150 pounds each, you can only carry another 75 pounds of gear, what's that; two full suitcases? The class I hitch is a joke!

I like the interior because it is easy to clean...I love my dogs...and they are big, hairy and sometimes a bit dirty.

Do something to improve how much load the car will handle.

The Honda Elelment
By Niki Jones

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I t drives great I like the new style with all paint and not black plastic around it. The color is great and boy what room for a small SUV.

The Stereo. The versatility of the vehicle. I love my Element!!!!!!!

Make better gueershift paint so when you hang an air freshener it want peel off from heat. Warning Don't hang airfreshner on gueer shift it will make paint peel!!!! And the company will not fix it!!!! they say it is not a defect on their part. I said where else are going to hang airfreshner.