Used 2006 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Buy one, they're fun!
By Diana Abel

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE my Element. Not only is it fun to drive, but there is not a time I go out when someone doesnt go nuts over it! We even got the tent. COOL! It has been the funnest vehicle Ive ever had and Im 45!

The color of Green paint! Vesatility, Stereo with stering wheel controls. AWD, The look of it. The wheels. So much more.

Things slide alot in it due to no carpeting. I found someone who makes removeable carpet for it so I am getting some. At times, we dont want carpeting, so the removable stuff will be great. Suggestions- Give the option for removable carpeting. Needs more storage space, preferably between the seats

ROC "C",s cool new SUV.
By debra pheloan

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am so excited about owning and driving my new Honda Element. Almost every where I go, people stare. It is a pleasure to drive this vehicle. It's fun, it's funky, it's fast,and furious. I just love to play with my new Honda Element. I love her, she is my best friend. I have had people to ask me for a tour of my HONDA ELEMENT. This vehicle is Krazy. It just has so much room. I seem to discover something new about my HONDA ELEMENT almost every day.

My favorite features are; the head and leg room. The clam shell door openings. The seating. Lots of cup holders. Everything is at your finger tips. the automatic gear shift is just awesome. I love the windows. and skylight. my hubbie likes the stereo. My grand kids like opening the doors.

Door panel guards. I have a small dent on my door. I notice this SUV dents easy. Needs improvement. I think the back seat passengers should have more ventilation. maybe back windows should open more or let down.

Great SUV
By Ray Price

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great automobile. I have 16000 miles now and have had absolutely nothing to report that has happened mechanically. I did replace one of the front panels. I scratched it severly on a bush and thought I was in for costly repair because I thought I'd have to replace the entire front fender. To my great surprise all I needed to do was to order the panel that covers the fender. It just pops off and the new one pops one. The fender would have cost me some $2000 bucks where as the panel was some $40 dollars and change installed. What value.

I love the easy clean of the interior. Take a hose and in 10 minutes you are thru. Just don't get water over 3-4 inches deep in the front floorboard.

My one and only suggested inprovement is to offer a V-6 engine or a supped up 4 cylinder. The current 4 cyl. delivers 20-21 mpg city and 23-24 mpg hwy miles. I think a supped up 4 or better yet a nice v-6 would deliver much better gas mileage. It's too much vehile for the current 4 cylinder.

drinks gas
By Ron James

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like the way this car/truck/suv handles . It is roomy and useful. I like the easy care of the interior. I have owned several Hondas never a complaint. I also own a 2006 Accord and am very happy with it. The Element posts 22 miles in the city and 24 hwy I get 17 city and 19 highway if I drive conservative. It drinks gas like a full size suv and the gas tank is small there is only 12 gals before the reserve. So hwy range is 250 miles not good for long trips outside of town that you might want this for. If you are looking for a suv for trips to the country look for something else.

Peppy engine good steering and easy to take care of.

Better gas milage and a much larger gas tank.

best ever
By BOXERMOM

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i have owned suvs from every car maker and this by far is the best, it is small to park and yet large to pack, drives like a dream my dogs love it, everyone i show it to, are ready to go out and get one, sorry i didn't buy one sooner, would have not wasted to much time on other suv that made me feel claustrophobic, not this element.-

roominess, light, no blind spots, peppy fun to drive and responsive

at first i would have said the back windows, but know i´m used to them, dogs got the hang of them too.-