2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Buyer beware
By Jakesdog1 on 03/17/06 13:37 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had owned Hondas before and had no problems with them. The element I bought seemed like a perfect choice for reliable and functional little SUV. It has been to the dealership six times for the same sputtering under acceleration. The Honda of America rep assured he he would fix it or buy it back. Since then it has sat at the dealership for nearly a month waiting on answers. I have been patient yet they question my urgency in resolving the issue. Imagine car payments on a car you can not use. That is my element. Honda needs to stand behind the product when there is a problem. We all make mistakes. But you lose face hiding behind voice mails.

I Really Love This Car!!!!!!!!!!!
By Donald on 03/13/06 23:05 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I own a Lexus RX and Infiniti G20 but this vehicle is more fun and practical to drive than either of the them. My wife hated for me to buy the Element. She felt that this car was ugly and she did not want to be seen in it. I bought the car in November 2005. Now, she really loves that Ugly Duckling!! She prefers to drive it more than her Lexus. She loves the 270 watt stereo system. She cannot get enough of the XM Satellite Radio. She doesn't even mind being seen driving or riding in the car. Needless to say, I loved the car the first time I saw it. I am really proud to own this car. I am looking forward to years of fun and economical trouble- free driving experiences.

Dream Car!!!
By Paul Pedersen on 03/03/06 13:41 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first saw the vehicle, I thought my wife was nuts for wanting it. It looked to me like an armoured car. It took about 1 mile driving for me to fall in love with it. It handles and runs exquisitely. Extremely fun to drive, and the extras (ours is loaded) are great. Its the tightest feeling build I have ever experienced. Turns on a dime. Great on the highway and in The Pine Barrens or at the Jersey shore. Room, room, room! And LOTS of window area, which I like. I expect that, very soon, there will be a LONG waiting list for these vehicles. Makes driving FUN again!

different
By neal b on 02/22/06 19:20 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car to drive with plenty of peppiness. Car seem it can last forever this will be the perfect 4 person family.

SUV for me
By Melinda K on 02/22/06 17:49 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to make the jump from sedan to SUV. Toyed with the Scion XB but found the ride too stiff. And despite the great gas milage, the XB has a horrible EPA rating. (2/10) Enter the elemnent. With and improved EPA rating of 6/10, it has awsome room and utility. I get lots of complements. I can't seem to get the gas milage that most people are reporting. (only about 20 mpg) Sound system is great and I can spend the weekend at a muddy soccer field with the kids and not worry about destroying the interior. My husband, who originally didn't much care for the car, found he really liked it once he got in it and drove it around and saw all the cool features.

The real thing!!!!
By JOHN on 02/13/06 21:58 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This might be not so good looking of a auto but remember the only skin deep thought! It is so nice to drive this auto . Really we owned a jeep wrangler before this and this is 100% better then the jeep . The element is nice hidden auto that i cant believe it isnt as popular because it is a really good deal !!!!! Example we paid 25000 for a jeep sport and check what a sport comes with ! The element much less in price $21,000 that is $4000 less and we got alot more all round !Element is a really nice and functional auto 100% to honda !!!

Love My 3rd Honda
By Element Lover on 02/11/06 12:11 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am not someone who really cares about what I drive but I am PASSIONATE about this care. It is so fun to drive. I gave her my civic with over 15I have had two civics and loved them both. I decided to trade up to the Element when my daughter needed a car. She is about to give that civic with 230K miles to my younger daughter and buy her own Element. I bought my first Honda because I have friends who drove their Honda's over 200K and the interiors still looked good and they had no real mechanical porblems. I LOVE my Element. It is great for carrying people or stuff. Everyone that rides in it loves it. This is the a car that I will keep for 10 years or more. Great traction and smooth ride.

the element
By element2 on 02/08/06 21:44 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

the element has been my favorite car since 2003 i like the box i thinks it needs gps heated seat and 4 separate doors

Value, Functionality, Fun
By Ray L on 02/08/06 16:06 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Element is the perfect combo of function, value, and fun. Roomy inside, functional design, fun to drive, 4WD with 25mpg hwy! Perfect for commuting, or roadtrips. Peppy in town, handles the open road, dirt, mountain roads, or snow with style. It looks cool and stands out. Imagine a Jeep crossed with a Mini Cooper. Function with style. I have camped in it. Love the cool folding/removable seats. Carries all my camping and climbing gear. Easy to clean when you get back. You could spend more but you will be hard pressed to get more. Also has a great fan/owners club.

A lot of Value for the Money
By Rudy2000 on 02/06/06 11:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Honda. The build quality is exellent. The rear doors are a little quirky, hard to use when parked next to another car. The value for the money goes on and on. Four- wheel disc brakes w/ABS, four air bags, bump'in stereo system, power mirrors, windows, locks. This element has more than enough power for highway speeds. Very tight turning circle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.