Used 2006 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

best ever
By BOXERMOM

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i have owned suvs from every car maker and this by far is the best, it is small to park and yet large to pack, drives like a dream my dogs love it, everyone i show it to, are ready to go out and get one, sorry i didn't buy one sooner, would have not wasted to much time on other suv that made me feel claustrophobic, not this element.-

Favorite Features

roominess, light, no blind spots, peppy fun to drive and responsive

Suggested Improvements

at first i would have said the back windows, but know im used to them, dogs got the hang of them too.-

Love it!
By Deborah Storm

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car for capacity, style and economy. The interior is waterproof so hauling my wet dogs around after going to beach and river outings makes this a perfect car for anyone outdoorsy.

Favorite Features

The body style, color, stereo, fold away seating, roominess, tinted windows and it comes with loaded with power everything.

Suggested Improvements

front and side curtain airbags to protect your head.

Love It
By Scott S.

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is one great suv. I had a 02 Toyota Tacoma 4dr 4x4 and thought that i was getting a slow no room vehicle. Think again! The Element has it all. The gas savings is a plus. Awd is great. I would never had thought the Element provides all that i need. My kids love it.

Favorite Features

AWD, sunroof, the interior layout.

Suggested Improvements

Make a carpet option for the floor.

A work of art
By MELUVADOG

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I liked my 2003 Element so much, that my husband wanted it. He got it. Then I got a 2006 lx in Red. I love everything about it except for the stereo system that came with it. It is not nearly as nice as the system I had installed in the 2003. Other than that, I am hooked on the Element. A great surprise for both vehicles is that I get between 28-30 mpg which is a bit higher than what is suggested.

Favorite Features

It's a dogmobile. Great for the animals without worry of ruining interior. Handles wonderfully in snow, rain, and intrepid weather.

Suggested Improvements

Better factory installed stereo system. Also, would be nice to have a better quality tire from the factory. These tires wear fairly fast.

Great, fun, small SUV
By Zema

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great use of the interior space. Easily holds four adults in a remarkable use of space. We normally carry two adults, two children and a large dog (Siberian Husky). Everyone loves the car. The kids especially like that they can see forward (because stadium seats). We orginally bought it because we need to regularly go from no-snow states to high-snow states (Canada also) - works great for this purpose. The only option that we bought were the heavy rubber floor mats; we bought them so the dog would not slide around. If you buy it, the manual is a lot more fun to drive than the auto. We often drive at 85+ mph on interstates with no fear other than speeding tickets :) More used than our BMW.

Favorite Features

Very intelligent use of space; easily the best for a small SUV. Fun to drive (manual transmission). Easy to park. Great road visibility. High quality throughout; lots of nice, surprizing smart design features.

Suggested Improvements

Heavier duty trailer hitch.