Used 2006 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Love the Element
By EXP

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first new car. What convinced me to buy this car was the interior. I love the fact that the floors are a rubber material that can be wiped up. The seats are stain resistant and the interior is supposed to be scratch resistant. I went for the top model that has real time 4 wheel drive. The car drives very smoothly and it can make really tight turns. Everyone who has seen it is shocked at the amount of room inside the car. There is plenty of let room and head room for even the tall people. There is ample trunk space, and the 90 degree opening of all door makes loading anything easier. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who has kid or who transports a lot of stuff

Favorite Features

I love the fact that the seats are so easy to move, I can easily fold them up so that I have more room to transport. I also love the controls on the steering wheel, it makes life much easier. Cup holders are easily located, and there are enough for everyone in the car.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is that the steering wheel sits low, I sometimes feel as if it is in my lap. I can't just glance at the speedometer, I have to lower my eyes to look under my hands. So far that is my only complaint and I have had the car for two months.

Truely versatile relieable MPV
By GeorgeTS

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Kudos to Honda,for designing and refining a true multi purpose vehicle.No silly electronic gadits, but all the essentials (pwr win, pwr mirs, 4 wheel disc ABS, great stereo w/XM sat, IPOD ready).The lack of a B pillar between the doors makes this a great vehicle for wheelchair users.The painted fenders makes the Element easier on the eye. This 4 cyl is peppy and economical to drive. Handles great and has very good visibility.

Favorite Features

IPOD jacks, Tachometer,270 watt stereo,price.

Suggested Improvements

Larger gas tank and black bumper/grill/headlight guard.

Buy one, they're fun!
By Diana Abel

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE my Element. Not only is it fun to drive, but there is not a time I go out when someone doesnt go nuts over it! We even got the tent. COOL! It has been the funnest vehicle Ive ever had and Im 45!

Favorite Features

The color of Green paint! Vesatility, Stereo with stering wheel controls. AWD, The look of it. The wheels. So much more.

Suggested Improvements

Things slide alot in it due to no carpeting. I found someone who makes removeable carpet for it so I am getting some. At times, we dont want carpeting, so the removable stuff will be great. Suggestions- Give the option for removable carpeting. Needs more storage space, preferably between the seats

ROC "C",s cool new SUV.
By debra pheloan

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am so excited about owning and driving my new Honda Element. Almost every where I go, people stare. It is a pleasure to drive this vehicle. It's fun, it's funky, it's fast,and furious. I just love to play with my new Honda Element. I love her, she is my best friend. I have had people to ask me for a tour of my HONDA ELEMENT. This vehicle is Krazy. It just has so much room. I seem to discover something new about my HONDA ELEMENT almost every day.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are; the head and leg room. The clam shell door openings. The seating. Lots of cup holders. Everything is at your finger tips. the automatic gear shift is just awesome. I love the windows. and skylight. my hubbie likes the stereo. My grand kids like opening the doors.

Suggested Improvements

Door panel guards. I have a small dent on my door. I notice this SUV dents easy. Needs improvement. I think the back seat passengers should have more ventilation. maybe back windows should open more or let down.

Great SUV
By Ray Price

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great automobile. I have 16000 miles now and have had absolutely nothing to report that has happened mechanically. I did replace one of the front panels. I scratched it severly on a bush and thought I was in for costly repair because I thought I'd have to replace the entire front fender. To my great surprise all I needed to do was to order the panel that covers the fender. It just pops off and the new one pops one. The fender would have cost me some $2000 bucks where as the panel was some $40 dollars and change installed. What value.

Favorite Features

I love the easy clean of the interior. Take a hose and in 10 minutes you are thru. Just don't get water over 3-4 inches deep in the front floorboard.

Suggested Improvements

My one and only suggested inprovement is to offer a V-6 engine or a supped up 4 cylinder. The current 4 cyl. delivers 20-21 mpg city and 23-24 mpg hwy miles. I think a supped up 4 or better yet a nice v-6 would deliver much better gas mileage. It's too much vehile for the current 4 cylinder.