2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Fun to Drive!
By Gerald H. on 04/29/06 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first SUV my wife and I have brought together and the first Japanese nameplate that either one of us has brought. Before we have owned sedans and making the change to the Element has been nothing but enjoyable. The ride is smooth and quiet. For being a small SUV, you sit up as high on the road as the largest SUV so your field of view is not comprise. The Element is just fun to drive!

Rate it? Rave about it!!!
By Jim in NE on 04/29/06 11:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Element for a particular reason... fishing. I haul 2 other guys and three float tubes full of air that are wet and dirty between farm ponds here in Nebraska. No carpet to worry about, one or both back seats fold up and out of the way. Then I found out I can haul loads of furniture, antiques, trash barrels, tree branches, just like a small pickup with nothing blowing out. And it wipes out with a damp towel. Mileage? I continually beat the highway estimated 25mpg, getting 26 going 23 miles of country road to work each day. Did I mention the sound system? Awsome! Looking for a utilitarian AWD SUV that gets good mileage? Element!!! I am a happy owner!

Honda Element
By nels356 on 04/29/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love this suv except on windy days it really rocks in the wind. Love the location of the gear shift - very ergonomic

Best Value
By Chris on 04/26/06 15:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

First new car that I have ever bought. Love the ride, however, it is a little choppy. But feature for feature, dollar for dollar, with the honda name behind the vehicle, it is a great value that my wife and I are sure to enjoy for quite a while.

Great small SUV
By jay on 04/20/06 15:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great small SUV! The Element is fun to drive, feels sturdy, has a fairly smooth ride (no rattles) with little road noise. This SUV covers all of your basic needs and more, so far has been reliable, and is well worth the inexpensive price!

Love it with two small exceptions
By Charlie on 04/15/06 21:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Element is perfect for my lifestyle. I race bicycles and camp quite a bit. Throwing the bike in the back without taking it apart is great, sleeping in the Element at the race site or anywhere is a nice option. Lots of room to change clothes, eat lunch or whatever else. You won't believe how much stuff you can fit in the back (I recently moved). Super easy to clean. Drives just fine yet you certainly know when there is a cross wind but that makes it a little more interesting to drive. Gas mileage is right on target. A few suggestions, see below but really the Element is a great vehicle.

Honda Element EX-P 4WD Tangerine
By Jeremy Smith on 04/13/06 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I felt that there was nothing that could come close in its price range.

Really fun car to drive
By KevinK on 04/13/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When looking for my first car, I didn't want to have a "bland" looking vehicle and this is definitely a head-turner. I was wary at first of getitng a manual for an SUV as I had driven others and the clutch always seemed tough. The manual trans on this car was very forgiving and shifting gears was very smooth. There was plenty of power available. The interior design was wonderful and ive never seen as much rear legroom for the rear seat. Overall great car.

THE FUNNEST HONDA TO DRIVE
By John on 04/08/06 13:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car truck van suv all in one. Just like the cell phone with it all in one. We love this element so much we would love to get another in a different color.

Almost perfect, but perfect enough.
By Adam on 03/21/06 19:36 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck! This little box has a TON of room, i have hauled 2 apartments and all sorts of stuff for a new house. My friends that made fun of my future purchase all enjoy the comforts of our travels!!! The things that are not so good. Speeding equals horrible gas mileage (260 a tank nearing 4000 miles driven). I hope I could squeeze 300 from a tank if I drove 55-60 or the car breaks in more and starts getting better mileage (not near the posted city or highways ratings). The wind sheer is almost scary. The little box gets pushed around pretty easily from winds. Square plus winds equals not aerodynamic. I regret nothing! I LOVE this vehicle!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.