1 Yr Honda Element Ownership
By lightcollector on
2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I purchased a 2006 Element in Jan. 2006. I traded it in at the end of Dec. 2006. I bought it for big interior space and good fuel economy. How these folks can give this suv a 9-10 rating is beyond me. They must have great stereos. Engine: Fine on flat roads, uphill a struggle. Trans: Shifts smooth except uphill. Windnoise: Moderate. Roadnoise: High. Fuel Economy (Note: 2WD Auto): When I got the car average 24-25, City 23 Freeway 21. By the time I unloaded it 20-21 average, City 17-18, Hwy 19-20. Rattles: Lots. As I fixed 1 another one arrived. Body Panels: Horrible seam alignment. Ride Quality: Civic grade. Cheap. Body Sway: Enough to want to barf. Honda Service: Utter GARBAGE. Overpriced.
Favorite Features
Space, fun to drive (when it did not rattle). Uniqueness. Initial fuel economy. Honda add-on armrest. Easy maintenance. Best Feature: The day I traded it in.
Suggested Improvements
1. Suicide doors clunk once broken in. Advice: Put Velcro on door hinges. This fixed it for me. 2. Fix rattles. Maybe I just got a bad one. 3. Get new software for the Body Assembly Robots. They cannot figure out a straight alignment point. Curious: Look at hood and top of back gate.