Used 2006 Honda Element LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Bulletproof
By Cperficio

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

There's not a better value on the market folks. My 6-3 teenage son fits comfortably in the back seat and there's lots of room for his euphonium on the storage area. For the same money we considered a Pontiac Vibe which is a good car but claustrophobic when compared to an Element. I'm 6-0 and the seating position for me is ideal, I could drive it ALL day. Oil change is a snap(I change my own) with no need for a jack. With the black panels it really stands out from the crowd after I wash is and treat them with Armor All. Something I've noticed, you never see an Element on a used car lot.

Fold up rear seats. They park along the sides upright and you can put large items as if it were a small pickup. I love the roominess for four passengers. I got a five speed manual and the stick shift configuration is very clever and visitors always notice it and comment.

Wouldn't a diesel engine be a good idea? A raised center console would be great.

Great car
By black

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's a bit ugly, but a lot of fun. Exterior design is bad, but great inside. Low MPG because it's tall, but it's a quality car. The way the doors open sometimes bothers me, especially when getting other passengers in a tight parking space. Great engine, floor surface and seats. Far from perfect, but worth the experience of owning one.

my 06' honda element
By Ryan Rice

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Element in august of 06' and never thought id love it as much as I do. It is so versatile! The element has so much leg room in the front and back seats, I never have a complaint from any of my friends. My favorite feature thought is the folding seats. I have plenty of room for a few sets of golf clubs or when I need to take my bulldog somewhere the fold up seats are perfect bc the cargo area is so huge for her cage to fit into. The element body style is not for everyone I must say. You must be a real fan of boxy SUV's to appreciate the body style. But the interior is something that everyone can appreciate.

spacious front and rear seating. plenty of head room. fold up, fold down, and take out back seats. clam style tailgate. suicide doors make it easy to get in and out, no matter what the persons size or item you need to put in the back seat.

the 2.4 ivtech engine is good...but i wish there was an available V6.

LOVE IT
By JACK

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of mountain driving. For a 4 banger this vehicle has a lot of pep. i removed the back seats to accommodate the load I usually carry. Tons of room! I love the smooth engine. The only con I can think of is that it pulls to the right because of torque on the front drive wheels. the right drives more than the left.

Tons of room. Smooth engine and shifting. Easy to park, turning radius is very good.

Equal of the front drive system to lessen the right pull factor.

My Element, my dear
By Annetta Johnson

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The fact that it has all the headspace and room is suprising because from the outside it looks quite small. I went from an Isuzu rodeo to this but the handling and gas mileage is already noticable. I have only had this about 2 weeks. But I am very pleased.

The way the doors open. I like to wait until people are looking and let them see the "church doors". The gas mileage is great. Especially from the rodeo I had before. Plus it's a Honda.

Put a light of some sort on the door. At night you have to feel to find to open the back door.