Used 2006 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Loving My Element Toaster
By monica

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

this car has been so great to me and my son ( who rides in his car seat safely ) who, too loves cruising around in our Honda Element.
great MPG, reliability, and handles well ileven in wet or stormy weather.

Love the toaster,!
By Karen

2006 Honda Element SUV EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Fun, easy to drive and so versatile with the large cargo area, it's like having the storage space of a minivan but the compact exterior for smaller spaces. The only tricky part for me is getting in and out of the back seat (having bad knees) is a bit awkward. A backseat heating/cooling vent would also be nice for ventilation, but I've travelled back and forth across the country several times and it has been a great ride every time. The all wheel drive makes snow and ice travel possible, where I've had other vehicles unable to do the job in bad weather. Honda Element owners seem friendly and happy - many Element drivers wave to me as if to say, "isn't this a great car to drive!" I've also found it humorous when I come out to the parking lot where I've parked far away from cars, only to find two to three other Elements parked around mine.

It became a legend
By drrtygary

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In 2003, I hated them. They were square, somehow shy looking, and yet moved with unearned confidence. Then, in 2009, when a friend told me he was looking for one, I gave it a second glance. I test-drove one. Seven hours later, it was in my name. I bought my 2006 Element EX with 30,000 miles on it. Six years later, when the odometer read about 77,000 miles, I found it hit by a driver and totaled. Very sad. This Element is the perfect companion. It's resilient, adaptable, and always two steps ahead. It finished my...sentences. As long as I fed it oil and kept it up, it was dependable. In 2015, I'm looking to buy my second Element. I love this car, even if it's a bit nerdy and too forgiving.

Versatility. Rear seats are easily folded up flat and hooked or fully removable. The cargo has the capacity to sleep two adults, fit a queen size mattress or a hide-a-bed, haul an eight-foot kayak, and tuck in two road bikes. Simplicity. Power windows, AUX line in, power mirrors, rad stock sound system, and AC. Anything else would just complicate it. Reliability. I rarely serviced mine, having driven 50,000 miles on it. I changed the oil and some filters, bought new brake pads (only in the rear since the front were fine). Even with 2WD, I was one of the last cars driving up a blizzardy hill before other cars started sliding down and hitting expensive things. Character. Lots.

Seats could use a little lumbar support and the material in them is great for washing, but my driver-side one dried out and began cracking and tearing. A little more pep and a little less gas sucking would have been wishful. Center console was loose and wiggled around, and while I appreciated the three cupholders, I wish the front one were a little larger like the other two so as to fit all of the HydroFlasks. Suicide doors were fine, but when having people in the rear, it always felt a little weird. The higher rear seats, on the other hand, were great for keeping otherwise forgotten about rear passengers in on conversations. Hooks. Why no hooks to hang things from? Wings?

Best car ever
By elementgal

2006 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 Elements and I have loved them both.
Best cars ever.
Great gas mileage and roomy! Can clean out easy so if you have 1-2 kids this car is perfect.
Very roomy in the backseat for your passengers.
This car goes anywhere!
Snow, Ice, Grass, Water... You name it, it goes!

Easy clean out, great gas mileage, roomy, subwoofer, AWD (drives in snow and ice great).

If I had to complain, I would say windnoise and maybe a little bit more power, but hey, it's a 4 cylinder!

Toaster can GO!
By toastergirl223

2006 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car and we had it about 3 years prior to it becoming mine, and this is one of the most reliable cars you can get. A couple of years ago we were on a long trip when we were almost out of gas and this car kept going way past empty until we reached a gas station. The only problem is the exterior. I mean, come on, it's a toaster.

The car is just a great car. I like the easy adjustments in the back seat, plus only seating 4 makes it roomy which is nice for long trips.

When you put the back seats up to fit more in the back it blocks all view in the already limited blind spots, sure you have more room, with the small price to pay of the fact that you can't see.