Used 2006 Honda Element EX-P Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Typical Honda!
By 16YEAROLD

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car for my birthday in October, and I am loving it! I have wanted one since they came out, and I am happy for going with my intuition. I love Honda's in general. My aunt has a 1990 Honda Accord with over 300,000 miles on it, and it is still going strong, and drives like new. I did have to get used to the blind spots, but what car do you not have to get used to them in. I mean all cars have blind spots in different places... I have the stick, and I have not regretted it one bit. Some people don't like the suicide doors, but I love them. They just take a little getting used to, but we used to have a Saturn with one, so it is no biggie to me...

-Design, inside and out -Manual tranny in an SUV -Aux jack in an '06 -Suicide doors

6 speed stick, bigger engine, Honda civic dashboard

Japanese Land Rover
By Steve Burgess

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned Honda Civics, Accords and a 99 CR-V (still going strong), I did not hesitate to buy another Honda. My experience with the dealership and all models has been excellent. Only two complaints with interior: no dead pedal for left foot and the seats do not breathe when wearing shorts -- sweaty legs. To quote an old R&R song: "She may not be pretty but she sure can cook." It can go anywhere and haul just about anything.

AWD. Flexibility. Stereo.

Add dead pedal for left foot. Replace seat fabric with breathable material. Add cable actuated gas filler door -- had to buy a locking gas cap.

Elemental!
By Kim

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car - especially if you are outdoorsy, have animals, etc. FUN to drive, you can sit up and see things without the gas gobbling of a larger vehicle! Best car I've had in a long time!

Roomy headroom. Plastic flooring -- open doors, and with a wet clothe just wipe it out. Messes do not last long in this vehicle. Sunroof is fun. Camping possibilities a great bonus :)

One of the best features (the plastic flooring) also creates one of its problems: unless items are secure, they slide. No improvement suggested, but it is something to know about car. However, accessories (like cargo net) can help alleviate this problem.

My 06 Element 2wd 5spd
By Matt Bennett

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this vehicle and taking it on trips. Interior room is very accomodating for family. I am 6'4" tall and can easliy fit in front or back seats with plenty of room to move.

Satellite radio, sound system, and subwoofer. Interior seating and arrangements, headroom.

Table leg kit should come with the vehicle, instead of accessory. Fog lights should be standard on EX-P 2wd model as well as rear roof glass.