Used 2006 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Best car ever
By elementgal

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 Elements and I have loved them both. Best cars ever. Great gas mileage and roomy! Can clean out easy so if you have 1-2 kids this car is perfect. Very roomy in the backseat for your passengers. This car goes anywhere! Snow, Ice, Grass, Water... You name it, it goes!

Favorite Features

Easy clean out, great gas mileage, roomy, subwoofer, AWD (drives in snow and ice great).

Suggested Improvements

If I had to complain, I would say windnoise and maybe a little bit more power, but hey, it's a 4 cylinder!

Toaster can GO!
By toastergirl223

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car and we had it about 3 years prior to it becoming mine, and this is one of the most reliable cars you can get. A couple of years ago we were on a long trip when we were almost out of gas and this car kept going way past empty until we reached a gas station. The only problem is the exterior. I mean, come on, it's a toaster.

Favorite Features

The car is just a great car. I like the easy adjustments in the back seat, plus only seating 4 makes it roomy which is nice for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

When you put the back seats up to fit more in the back it blocks all view in the already limited blind spots, sure you have more room, with the small price to pay of the fact that you can't see.

Not for everyone, but a great car
By Jonathan W.

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Element for 5 years now and am still waiting for the first sign of a problem. (OK, there was an airbag light that came on for no apparent reason, but a brief visit to the dealer fixed that.) It just keeps on running despite my best efforts to wear it out. The all wheel drive works great, and while it is not a performance car by any means, it has more than enough giddy-up. The absence of carpets, along with the water resistant upholstery, makes it an ideal choice for camping, swimming, etc. -- even with dogs. I am 40 years old, but I don't think I will ever outgrow the Element. I look forward to keeping this car for 5 more years and then getting a new Element.

Favorite Features

No carpeting. Water resistant upholstery. Front seats and rear seats fold flat and link together to form a surprisingly comfortable place to sleep. Sunroof in the back is great for looking up at the stars. The way the back seats fold up and out of the way is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

The center console is kind of flimsy and separates from the floor easily. It also collects crud and is a pain to clean. Maybe a redesign is in order, perhaps with a sliding cover for when the cup holders are not in use?

Great Car
By Adam

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love driving this car. I bought it brand spanking new in November of 2005 with 63 miles on it. The stock stereo is awesome for stock. You could pack a smart car in the back if you needed to. TONS OF SPACE. Great gas mileage. Awesome in the snow. The only complaints i have are the road noise, and i really wish they put a V6 in it. The 2.4 L 4cyl is lacking. It would be nice to have usb connection for my iPod instead of the aux. You can definitely tell a difference when the a/c is on. The headlights broadcast perfectly and the car would benefit from HID lights. Other than that, the car is great.

Favorite Features

Stereo, gas mileage, space, looks, great road trip car.

Suggested Improvements

V6 instead of the 4cyl, better seats, seat heaters, USB connection for ipod, reduce road noise.

Great Car
By hapkiman40

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car pre-owned with 36k. Currently we have 70+K and have had no problems. I've read some of the entries with lower ratings and I have not had any of the issues that others have had. One person even mentioned that this car is not for those in northern climates. I could not disagree more. I live in an area that receives 119 inches of snow/year. My Element has been flawless and I tend to be hard on my vehicles. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Space, quality, AWD, rear seat configurations.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger engine, make a trim that is slightly longer for more cargo space.