2006 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Best car ever
By elementgal on 12/20/11 19:48 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 Elements and I have loved them both. Best cars ever. Great gas mileage and roomy! Can clean out easy so if you have 1-2 kids this car is perfect. Very roomy in the backseat for your passengers. This car goes anywhere! Snow, Ice, Grass, Water... You name it, it goes!

Toaster can GO!
By toastergirl223 on 03/27/11 11:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car and we had it about 3 years prior to it becoming mine, and this is one of the most reliable cars you can get. A couple of years ago we were on a long trip when we were almost out of gas and this car kept going way past empty until we reached a gas station. The only problem is the exterior. I mean, come on, it's a toaster.

Not for everyone, but a great car
By Jonathan W. on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Element for 5 years now and am still waiting for the first sign of a problem. (OK, there was an airbag light that came on for no apparent reason, but a brief visit to the dealer fixed that.) It just keeps on running despite my best efforts to wear it out. The all wheel drive works great, and while it is not a performance car by any means, it has more than enough giddy-up. The absence of carpets, along with the water resistant upholstery, makes it an ideal choice for camping, swimming, etc. -- even with dogs. I am 40 years old, but I don't think I will ever outgrow the Element. I look forward to keeping this car for 5 more years and then getting a new Element.

Great Car
By Adam on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love driving this car. I bought it brand spanking new in November of 2005 with 63 miles on it. The stock stereo is awesome for stock. You could pack a smart car in the back if you needed to. TONS OF SPACE. Great gas mileage. Awesome in the snow. The only complaints i have are the road noise, and i really wish they put a V6 in it. The 2.4 L 4cyl is lacking. It would be nice to have usb connection for my iPod instead of the aux. You can definitely tell a difference when the a/c is on. The headlights broadcast perfectly and the car would benefit from HID lights. Other than that, the car is great.

Great Car
By hapkiman40 on 08/11/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car pre-owned with 36k. Currently we have 70+K and have had no problems. I've read some of the entries with lower ratings and I have not had any of the issues that others have had. One person even mentioned that this car is not for those in northern climates. I could not disagree more. I live in an area that receives 119 inches of snow/year. My Element has been flawless and I tend to be hard on my vehicles. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Incredibly roomy, practical SUV
By Matt on 06/16/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little SUV that was the most reliable car I've ever owned. It's incredibly roomy and very practical for everything. The performance is adequate. It won't impress you with its acceleration but it never feels underpowered. Handling is good but there is a lot of lean. The suicide doors are interesting, but the door mounted front seat belts are a problem when you need to drop off rear seat passengers.

Typical Honda!
By 16YEAROLD on 12/30/09 00:05 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car for my birthday in October, and I am loving it! I have wanted one since they came out, and I am happy for going with my intuition. I love Honda's in general. My aunt has a 1990 Honda Accord with over 300,000 miles on it, and it is still going strong, and drives like new. I did have to get used to the blind spots, but what car do you not have to get used to them in. I mean all cars have blind spots in different places... I have the stick, and I have not regretted it one bit. Some people don't like the suicide doors, but I love them. They just take a little getting used to, but we used to have a Saturn with one, so it is no biggie to me...

Love my TRP
By Randall on 12/09/09 09:33 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned my MT AWD Tango Red Pearl EX-P for one year. Have been camping, moving daughter to and from college, (5-6 hour trip loaded). Lots of local driving on interstate and side roads. Researched it for a while, knew what I wanted and it has been everything I had hoped for. Have 66,000+ on her, had about 48,000 or so when purchased. Oil changes with synthetics, average 24.6 overall driving. I have the better stereo package with subwoofer, have factory 8-disk CD changer, Yakima roof rack, hitch, etc.. my E gets used. These are great vehicles. Wish that Honda would include them more in their advertising campaigns.

Love my Element!
By Fran S. on 11/01/09 08:48 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been searching for a car that would be fun to drive, functional, and kid friendly-the Element is it! My eight year-old loves the back seat, and there is plenty of room for our two dogs, too. I can go grocery shopping and everything will fit in the back. The car also handles well on the road, and makes turns easily.

What took me so long?
By BOXERMOM on 10/20/09 16:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It took me two years to finally decide to buy the element, and have not been sorry since. Have two dogs that spend all their time with me, in office, out seeing customers and so we spend at least half the day in and out of the car, we love it. It turns on a dime and if you know how to use the transmission I have left 8 cylinder cars eating my dust when climbing hills. It's been in the snow at 11000 feet in Utah and didn't even need snow tires. Gas mileage improved once I took off the good years and put on tiger paws and keep inflated at 42lbs which the tire specifies. Have been off roading with it too, although a little low there are ways to work around that. Next trip New Mexico the whole state.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.