Pros and Cons
By hondaelementex on
2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
Nice car, great for a tall person and carrying groceries and other stuff including smaller bicycles. MPG is about 20.
Favorite Features
I like the way it looks from the front. Nice, reliable car. 6 1/2 years and 60,000 miles later it never broke down. I will own it hopefully for the next 50 years and at some point will conserve it as a collectible or an investment car. Unfortunately these were discontinued in 2011. I wonder why car manufacturers never produce a perfect car?
Suggested Improvements
Sunroof in the back is of little to no use. I would love to have a sun roof in the front, at least a small one. Gasoline red light comes on when there is about 30% of gasoline still left in the tank, which is way too early. I don't like that way it looks on the bottom sides where some kind of protective frame wraps around gasoline tank, it looks ugly and picks up even smallest tree branch and weeds from he ground. The rubber "carpet" of the interior floor covering is very easy to tear, made of a very weak rubber. There is no thermometer and MPG indicator. Paid $24K and expected a bit more for this money, but it's a OK car.
By sono
on 01/25/13 09:57 AM (PST)

Great car. I have bought my 2005 used with 38K miles on it in 2009. I have over 100K miles and it's running superb. If you carry a lot of things in your car, this is the car for you. This car defined utilitarian.