quirky looks, versatile vehicle
By Maria on
2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Very fun to drive. Still a head turner. More interior room than my Nissan minivan, but shorter and easier to park. No mechanical problems to date. My 1st Honda, very impressed. Very solid, super leg and head room, only seats 4 though. I can haul just about anything and the interior floor matting is wonderful - I never want carpet again. Great for dog, crates and plants. No problem with the tall stance, the wind does not buffet it on the highway. The 5 speed manual transmission is a joy. Great sound, like the power outlets. Love the location of the shifter. Fun, fun, fun!!!
Favorite Features
The rear seats are super. Great support to sit in. Easy to fold out of the way (or remove). Love the view from the rear stadium seating. The rear tailgate is nice, I like the way it lifts ups and folds down. Fantasic sound system. That little storage thingy above my head, I like that too.
Suggested Improvements
Better center ventilation control louvers on the dash, side rounds are great. A front sunroof, rear heats up the car and rarely gets opened. Automatic rear pop windows or rear seat windows that roll down. Stereo controls on steering wheel. Like the seats, but front fabric is showing wear already.