I call my 2005 red Element "Flame"
By Adrian in Dallas on
2005 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
The only color I wanted when I saw it in the Honda Element palette selection was what they call "Rallye Red." It's a beautiful, clear, bright red that's a knockout. The drab orange and the even more drab olive color that you see all over are not for me. (This review is sounding like a "Click & Clack" radio show where the first question they ask those with car problems is "What color is it?") IN ANY EVENT: This car is the best thing I've ever owned. I was born in Detroit and just turned 65, so that's saying something! It's solid as the brick it looks like, actually FUN to drive, has great head room and is E-Z to get in to and out of. I ordered it with every bell & whistle Honda offered.
Favorite Features
That silly little "moon window" in the back that seems counter-intuitive. But once you go camping in this car and are sleeping on the accommodatingly large floor in the back, you are looking up at the stars! And the TURNING RADIUS is surprisingly tidy, making maneuvering it in tight spots a breeze.
Suggested Improvements
The car can get annoyingly loud on the highway. It's not well insulated for road noise and it frays your nerves occasionally. But that's a minor problem for a car used mostly for Dallas city driving. For city commutes, it simply cannot be beat nor more fun.