Used 2005 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

My second Element in 6 months
By WSMSTR

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 2007 Element which is phenomenal in bad weather, so when the chance to pick up a 2005 model arose, it was a no-brainer. This is a different kind of SUV. You're not going to go tearing around corners with it, but you will enjoy cruising on long rides.

Favorite Features

Real time 4-wheel drive and the spacious interior.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should provide a cable to link your iPod up, instead of charging $229. I used a $39 cable instead from a Belkin FM transmitter unit.

Love me some Element
By gamoore

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

One of the least expensive 4WD vehicles on the market. It has more rear seat passenger room than my Suburban. You can even recline in the backseats. Just fold the backseats up and you have tons of room. It's fun and comfortable to drive, great in snow, and it's a Honda. The resale values I've seen are really good. I own a Ford Explorer, and GMC Suburban also, but I prefer to drive the element. The next vehicle I purchase will be another Honda Element. For the money and qualty get the Element.

Favorite Features

AWD. Clean, sleek interior. Rear seat position. It's fun to drive. Honda quality. The unique look of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

The horsepower could use a boost, but it's not supposed to be a race car. Maybe add some more factory custom options. Different grille, different interior colors, etc. It might be nice to match the exterior tangerine color, with tangerine interior.

Love the interior
By Christy peterson

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have 4 pets and I love the easy clean up. I love this vehicle for its many uses and reliability. Could improve on wind noise, longer and wider visor, roll down back windows, maybe coarse rubber in rear section to keep things for sliding

Favorite Features

Floor and seat material. Handles excellent in snow. Gas mileage is OK for an SUV

Suggested Improvements

Some luxury items, heated mirrors, outside temp, lit visor, auto sunroof

Practical car with hidden benifits
By dwillington

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car b/c it was inexpensive and seemed practical. I have to admit I was attracted to its styling also. It looked cool. The car has been good to me. The biggest plus I have to say is space. Don't let it fool you, there is a lot of room inside. I was able to move between apartments in 3 trips with this car, fitting beds, desks, etc. It is not for long distance, and is loud at high speeds. It doesn't get too dirty, and has so much room to put stuff, wallets, keys, phone, anything. The mp3 audio port is a great feature. I need something faster and better looking though, so am trading it for Benz/BMW.

Favorite Features

The room. You can do so much with the seats down. Look alike it could be a lot of fun to take camping, and other outdoor activities.

Suggested Improvements

High revving on highway, it should have been able to handle that. More comfort features inside, perhaps better upholstery. Maybe a little more power.

great utility vehicle
By Matt Bowman

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Our Element has been GREAT! Very dependable and versatile- will haul most anything you can fit into it! The stereo, heater and AC work very well, and the controls are very easy to use. Snow and icy road conditions have been no problem at all. Even after owning all brands of 4-wheel drive vehicles, the Element performs as good as any of them. It seems that the gas mileage should be better for a four cylinder (ours gets a real-world 21-25) and the sunroof would be much better if placed over the front seats. The interior passenger room is amazing- everyone who looks inside is surprised at the amount of passenger/ cargo room. Our two teenage kids can even stretch out.

Favorite Features

Dependability. Fun to drive. Transmission shifts more smoothly than our Mercedes!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage should be better with a 4-cylinder engine. Sunroof is totally useless where it's placed at the rear of the vehicle. I would rather not even have it.