2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
The Happy Car
By JJM on 03/02/06 14:28 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Our Element has been a joy to drive and own. We call it our "happy car". We took out the back seats and use the rear area for dogs and luggage. The XM sattelite radio and a great standard sound system is a big plus. We have the roof-top luggage carrier which works very well; quiet and relatively eassy to get on and off. Great car overall. Little on the outside and big on the inside.

Practical
By bdkamin on 03/02/06 06:49 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I was looking for a vehicle in the $20k range, the Element met more criteria than any other vehicle. Friends of mine have doubted my purchase because of its appearance. After riding in it with me, there opinions change. In fact, less than than a month after my purchase, a friend bought the same thing while another is thinking about it.

Drive one first
By bille on 02/28/06 10:22 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy this trucklet. I had to replace the driver armrest with a larger one offered by Honda. I am a big guy and love the room. The big point for me was that I was able to get a manual tranmission. The AWD is the best. Room behind the back seats for the dog. Love XM radio. And super easy to clean and keep clean. I put a new chrome grill on it and that helped the ugly of the snout. All this and a place to sit when we tail gate. " a real tail gate" Check out this special SUV.

Excellent vehicle
By Ann Curran on 02/21/06 10:01 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have been 100% satisfied with our Element and are thinking of buying a second one when our other car dies. The Element is practical, well made, reliable and fun to drive.

February '06
By Spike on 02/12/06 14:02 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When driving this vehicle, you get a sense of driving a much larger vehicle. There is a lot of room inside and ample headroom for taller passengers. I love the sound when you close the doors. Sounds solid. Handles extremely well. Great turning radius. Could use more power but all the positives outweigh the minuses.

Worth every penny!
By jason on 02/01/06 21:07 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After doing a lot of research, reading review after review, I decided to purchase my EX AWD. The Element is everything I expected and more! Road noise isnt bad as people make it out to be, and it has plenty of power to get up and go! Handling is exellent for everyday driving. I have owned it for a week now and I have zero complaints. The Element is very spacious, my 6'4 friend fit very confortable in the back seat. The stereo is way above average and sounds crystal clear. Try finding a 2005 EX AWD leftover at a dealership,you might get a great deal like I did, paying $19,000 with only 32 miles on it... yes just 32.

Honda Element
By Ray Price on 01/31/06 11:53 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The only thing that has gone wrong is that several times I've turned the a/c on and it didn't come on. I had to turn it on and off several time and let it stay off for a minute or so and then it came on. I think that there is some small problem in the vaccum line. I must take it to the dealership for them to look at this.

Honda Element: Almost Perfect
By Lex on 01/24/06 17:29 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my Element for about a month, and I still get excited just looking at it. It really can't be beat. There are only 2 negative things I can say: 1) The area on the bottom where the door closes gets scratched up easily if you have anything other than tennis shoes, and 2) The tires seem to slip a little when I start moving semi-quickly and the ground is wet (once moving, there is no slippage, breaking is fine too, I don't know why it does that). You can speed up quickly once moving, just don't "Put the pedal to the metal" at take-off! (Again, that is only when the ground is wet). All in all, I love it 100 times more than the Rav4 I was previously driving!

Recommend to buy
By boeru on 01/16/06 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car about nine months ago and my wife and I love to drive it. It was very reliable with good mileage and what we like the most is the multiple possibilities to adjust the seats.

Orange BOXX
By DirtGhost on 01/06/06 12:13 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a cool ride with a "fun to drive attitude" you have choosen the correct ride. Lots of interior room. Rear sets can fold up and out of the way or can be removed or out into a bed if needed for those camping nights. Front seats are comfy fully adjustable ride height. Easy to operate right off the lot. Nice large wndshield area . Comfy sport ute to play with . Awd model is what I have . I will say this one thing it takes only 1/2 second for the rear wheels to kick in when need it. Last thing FUN TO DRIVE