2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Awesome
By Rich Love on 04/15/06 17:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Element is near perfect for my needs. All four seats lay back (flat). The rear seats fold up to the side for open storeage. If that does not make enough room, the rear seats can be removed within two minutes. Also I have not seen so much rear seat leg room since the 1940s. I like having a tailgate too.

The best car I have ever had !
By Neal on 04/10/06 06:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We got this car over a year age and its been a great car, Lots of headroom and legroom and really fun to own and drive. Everybody that looks at it wants to testdrive one and asks lots of questions. It has plenty of power and great looks too. We own a Pilot and the Element and love them both. I would never buy anything else but Honda.

Practical, Reliable & Fuel Efficient
By hElement on 03/24/06 17:48 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This has to be one of the strangest automobile purchases I've ever made. It took me 2 years to get used to the funky looks to even give one a look through and upon that I bought it on impluse (my Mazda was having a lot of problems and warranty was about to expire at 36k). This mini/suv drives just like a car and can be tossed into turns for fun, but can go off road and get through some real 4x4 trails (nothing extreme) without getting stuck.

So far - so good.
By Glen on 03/23/06 13:33 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

No problems and seems to have plenty of power compared to the Toyota 4 Runner I traded in, plus it gets better mileage. It would be nice if it would get 30 MPG but it won't. Rear sunroof is a waste.

Great for Dogs
By Tara Harden on 03/22/06 05:48 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband commutes to work and we have dogs, so we needed a vehicle that could handle all our requirements. The Honda Element is perfect. It gets great gas mileage, but is tough enough to handle having our two weimaraners in the back. There's plenty of room for all of our "stuff" and the dogs when we go on long trips. Honda's been a great service and maintenance provider and the quality of their product is outstanding. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone--not just commuters and dog people.

This one deserves MORE accolades....
By jockstarla on 03/15/06 21:36 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was afraid after owning an Audi TT and a Mini Cooper S just prior to the Element that I was going to be very disappointed. Initially, I missed changing gears and zipping around my fellow Angelinos... but, man, the trade-off in terms of being able to lug things around easily, getting to see over all those cars in front of me, having 3 REAL cupholders instead of 1 (kinda) cupholder.... the creature comforts add up to satisfaction.

My baby Stella
By Stella on 03/13/06 22:36 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drives like a dream. She glides on a smooth road and isn't intimidated by ice or snow. I've lived with her in Indiana and Colorado - and I tell ya, she eats ice for breakfast. The cargo room is incredible. The seats are comfortable. And there's some special bond that all Element owners seem to carry and share with one another. :)

My Honda Element
By Honda Element on 03/10/06 21:30 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Honda Element for 3 months, I have 3000+ miles on it. Would it have enough pep, get up and go for me? Yes it does. I like view from my drivers seat, you set high and can see outside from all angles. It will surprise you when you open all four doors and see all the room there is inside. I like the rear the way it opens up to load in and out. There was a lot of thought put into this SUV and I have nothing I can say against it at this time. I like this satelite radio XM. The longer I have this car the better I like it. No I am not a kid I am 75 years young and am looking forward to traveling over the USA in this vehicle. I love to go fishing and camping it sleeps two.

Awesome!!!
By marty on 03/10/06 16:57 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Suv that's lots of fun to drive! Great in the snow, plenty of pep to get up the big hills. Good stereo, tons of room. Good heater/air conditioner. Lots of storage space.

My Element, My Style
By Mike on 03/03/06 11:56 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Element, it is the most useful vehicle I have ever owned. People tell me they don't like the look...I say drive it and you will be a convert too.