Used 2005 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

I love this car!!
By Jaymi

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2007 Civic brand new last year and, while I loved it, it was terrible once winter hit. I traded it in for a 2005 Element and regretted it. Now, after owning the Element for about 6 months, I wouldn't give this car up for anything. I recently had to buy another Civic because of a new job with a long commute (the gas mileage is a lot better) and I feel terrible leaving the Element in the garage while I go to work. This is truly the best car I have ever owned. The Element has an incredibly smooth ride, is easy to park, has a ton of room and is great for dog owners. I can spill things and not worry about them at all!

no carpeting, lots of room, smooth ride, interesting look, stadium seating, AWD

better acceleration

Good reliable car
By Ross

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car initially b/c of it's roominess. I am 6'4 and I don't think there is any other small SUV with this much room. I would also put it to the test even with the large SUVs. Easy to get in and out of. Gas mileage is better than most SUVs. Easy to keep clean. And, it's the perfect car for city driving and parking. Just enough performance on the road to keep up with everyone. I will own this car likely until it dies. 40,000+ miles in two years and no problems whatsoever (except for chipped windshield).

Great sound system, tons of room, thanks to it's boxy frame. Decent gas mileage for an SUV. Relatively comfortable, but could be better.

Road noise is pretty bad.

pretty good deal
By kathy

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Element brand new. It has really been good to me overall. the only problem I have is with gas mileage. I love my Element except for the mileage. It handles well and does very well in the snow.

XM radio. Ability to get out in snow storms

Improvement on gas mileage.

not built to last
By a de la ossa

2005 Honda Element SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After only 15,000 miles the authorized Honda service dealer has had me replace the battery and tires-- 15,000 miles. In addition, the exterior body is extremely prone to dings, as the metal is very thin. Dent Doctor franchisees love this car. This car has soured me on Honda.

Flexible interior

If it is going to be made this cheaply, Honda should at least stand by its product.

Element
By j

2005 Honda Element SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has not had any problems and is the most functional vehicle we have ever owned.

Easy clean floor, rear seat configurations, awd.

Rear seat improved comfort,three passenger seating.