2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
I Love My Element
By Ask Him on 07/26/06 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, easy to handle, great turning. I took my Element to the mountains last winter. No problems climbing those steep hilly roads with ice and wind.

Not For Everyone, But Perfect for Me
By Reid on 07/23/06 10:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle isn't a perfect fit for everyone, but you should consider it if you need lots of cargo room in a small package, you need a car that's easy to clean, you aren't a speed demon (acceleration is only fair and RPMs run pretty high even at 65 mph), you have to deal with snowy roads on a regular basis, you want a vehicle with a plethora of interior storage compartments, and you're poor (or cheap) enough that you'd rather sleep in your car than in a hotel room.

Best ever dog crate!
By kmagman on 07/07/06 07:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really LOVE this Element. I have 3 Australian Shepherds who travel everywhere with me and I can fit 3 dogs crates in the back with no problem. Cleaning the interior is easy. The Element handles well, handles mountain grades with ease and has reasonable fuel economy at 23-24 mpg. Great ski vehicle too!

Honda Element
By Tim on 06/20/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far its a fantastic, practical vehicle. No problems in first year of ownership. A breeze to clean inside, the EX has a completely washable interior, including the headliner.

This element rocks
By mac on 05/12/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven this car hard for 25 k in year with not a single part to break or malfunction. I've hauled a 16 foot touring kayak inside the car to and from the beach. Interior is awesome for space. Great stereo with xm satellite radio. My ten year old son loves it "because I get a lot of fun out of it." He likes to fold the seats back all the way flat.

yesssssssss
By chris on 05/09/06 14:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the vehicle for almost a year now and can't believe i've driven it 32000 miles already. From eastern long island and my car has been everywhere from richmond va to rhode island. I use it for work everyday and can really pile the stuff in there, just the other day, I had 3 new air conditioners plus a sleeve and it fit, no other words but WOW thanks honda. ps getting around 26 on 87 octane after 20000 was on it

Luv my Element!
By J.T.Wallace on 05/06/06 06:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like this vehicle better than any I have ever owned (I am age 62 and have driven or owned many vehicles). Fun to drive, loads of room and very practical... it is just me! Just as comfortable on long trips as running down to get a few groceries, click on cruise control and gas mileage is even better. Climbs mountains with ease and handles curves on switchback roads well. I have recommended it to others many times.

Love my black-on-black Element
By E-Chick on 04/29/06 15:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got a great deal on a great car-truck-SUV-thingee after loads of research on other vehicles....started off wanting an Xterra or Rav4, then tested a Liberty. Hadn't even thought of an Element because to be honest and shallow? I hated the grey panel thing...then I found the black-paneled black EX and couldn't believe how awesome it looked and performed and got decent mileage too. Plus I bought carpet with mine - very cool! Inside and out I'm pleased and believe my Honda will be at least as reliable as my Toyota. Highly recommend the E...the EX-P models really make it more attractive to more people.

Outside Vehicle
By s on 04/25/06 15:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

If you like the outdoors and want a vehicle that is made for fun...get an Element. For small SUVs the mileage is good and it is very spacious. Versatality is the word for the Element, tranform it according to want/need. The easy clean inside is perfect for camping, dogs, kids, fishing, kayaking, and other outdoors activity you enjoy. Take it for a spin...

Terrific Value
By Will on 04/16/06 23:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We are extremely happy with our Element. It's great in snow and high winds. It turns incredibly tight. It has great visibility and is very negotiable. Since we have a baby and two big dogs, I also like its loading practicality and ease of cleaning. This Element is my third Honda, after owning a Civic and an Accord. I'm a big fan of Honda engineering, and the Element doesn't disappoint in this regard. The brakes, as usual, are terrific. Nothing breaks. After 26k miles, I've had no repairs to make, and only paid out about $100-- all for regularly scheduled oil changes. The mileage is respectable, too. I'm getting 26-28 on the highway. I commend this car to anyone who compares it to others.