Used 2005 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Adore it
By pgray

2005 Honda Element SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my favorite vehicle of all time. I've driven Mercedes and Volvos, but nothing is as fun as this vehicle. The cargo capacity is great and it is good for hauling dogs, landscape materials, and antiques. Also, it gets good mileage. I adore it!

Washable seats and floors. Large cargo capacity.

There's a slight blind spot. Redesigned (or larger) mirrors on the sides would help.

Best Vehicle We've Had
By hillbilly

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We live at the end of a dead end road and our Element spends a LOT of time off road and on bad roads. Downsides are that the seats are a bit uncomfortable on long trips, the visibility is sometimes difficult with the side pillar, the gas mileage could be better. Also, the moon roof is way too difficult to replace after removing. Wish the rack spacing on the roof was longer. The wipe down seats and interior are wonderful for a canoe paddler that also hauls his dogs around. Have had it for going on 4 years and no problems except for drivers seat problems. Our Element has never been stuck except after a 6" ice storm. Routinely cross creeks et al on the farm and it rarely kicks into 4WD.

Wipe down seats, seat configurations, perfect camping vehicle.

Better gas mileage, wider space between front and rear racks, easier operating moon roof.

Please give me a 6th gear!!
By Copywrites

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

If you like the sound of a high-revving engine, you will love the Element. If you like good gas economy, you will hate the Element. After 3 years of ownership, it is a love-hate relationship. I love the versatility - I can carry almost anything from bicycles inside the cargo area, to washing machines. But the high pitch whining of the engine drives me crazy knowing that a 6th gear or revised gearing would probably deliver me an extra 4-5 MPG. It has been one of my most favorite vehicles to own, but I won't buy another unless it breaks the 30 mpg barrier. Next car will be a Nissan Cube - similar quirkiness and functionality, good gas mileage. That is the magic combination in my opinion

Cargo area versatility.

Add a 6th gear for gas economy! Don't need that instant response at highway speeds.

In My Element
By skinnerp

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I've ever owned. AWD only kicks in when front tires slip and works perfectly, tons of interior room, sporty handling, and averages 24 mpg on the highway. Only maintenance required is changing the oil and filter. Everything works! One warranty repair of a seat belt buckle sensor in 40K miles.

AWD, rear opening side doors, fold down tailgate, sound system w/input for ipod, seat comfort, washable floor.

Switched power outlet is only on when the ignition is on, making it impossible to charge gadgets when parked.

I love my Element
By hppywife

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband bought me my Element for our anniversary. I love it. I drove a Cavalier and I am more then happy with the trade. My kids have so much room and it is a fun family vehicle. It doesn't have the get up and go like I am use to but it has a lot more room and a lot more reliable. My kids love their sun roof. I just love this ride.

The roomy interior. The look. The view you get.

It could use more get up and go power. It could also be a little more fuel efficient.