2005 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
From dislike to admiration
By D on 01/19/07 12:15 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife was due for a new vehicle and really liked the idea of an Element. She test drove one and loved it. I thought it was the ugliest vehicle made since the Gremlin and shuddered at the thought of having to see it in the driveway everyday. As a result, I tried relentlessly to talk her out of it and we test drove 6 other make and models of compact SUV / wagons before I drove the Element. To her credit she looked at the other vehicles with an open mind, asked plenty of questions, but in the end was still focused on the Element. So, it was finally time for me to get over my prejudice and test drive none. Although the appearance is still growing on me it is without a doubt the most functional

My 5th and best Honda
By Sold on Honda on 11/29/06 06:19 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Element is functional and great to drive. With XM radio, I have lots of music choices, too. I've hauled furniture and boxes and taken people on sightseeing rides in the area. Great visibility for all, since the back seat is raised. Enough power and stability for me, too. And only 6 inches wider than my last Honda Civic. I especially like the molded pieces on the front and back fenders. Gas mileage is okay for a heavy vehicle. I traded in my 2000 Honda Civic Coupe and find the Element seating to be more comfortable. Good maneuverability.

In my element with the Element
By ray on 11/25/06 11:21 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Recently retired and traded in a small pickup for an Element. Great vehicle! The plastic cladding on the exterior has protected me from a lot of rock hits. I have had it in a snow storm at Tahoe, camping at the coastal redwoods, hauling dogs and/or people and road tripping so this is a very adaptable auto. Added a trailer hitch for external bikes and a roof rack for a kayak. I will be keeping this Honda until Honda comes out with a diesel or hybrid 4 cylinder.

2005 Element LX-M
By Rick on 10/10/06 19:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing room, great versatility, lacking in some pick up speed. Miles per gallon could be better. Reliability is bullet-proof, day in day out. Comfort, ride, superior build quality. Easily a 10.

Happy with my element!
By Douglas Bomzer on 08/31/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Such a great truck, its like a toy! I love my element so much, just take one for a test drive an di promise you will understand how much I love mine. Roomy, versatile, great handling, a pleasure to drive and all my friends love to go aorund town in it!

Perfect
By katy7964 on 08/24/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fabulous! The interior design is great. Despite only seating 4 it holds a ton and is roomy due to the design and flexibility of moving seats etc. It has a tiny turn radius, better than my previous coupe! I have the 5 speed and get really good gas mileage.

quirky looks, versatile vehicle
By Maria on 08/23/06 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Still a head turner. More interior room than my Nissan minivan, but shorter and easier to park. No mechanical problems to date. My 1st Honda, very impressed. Very solid, super leg and head room, only seats 4 though. I can haul just about anything and the interior floor matting is wonderful - I never want carpet again. Great for dog, crates and plants. No problem with the tall stance, the wind does not buffet it on the highway. The 5 speed manual transmission is a joy. Great sound, like the power outlets. Love the location of the shifter. Fun, fun, fun!!!

I love my box!
By Jeff on 08/18/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although some of my friends think its ugly, I think it is awesome. The design is love it or hate it, but the utility of this vehicle has no comparison. We take it surfing, to Home Depot, to the clubs, to the grocery store, and even on some road trips.

Flying Toaster on Wheels
By Flying Toaster on 08/11/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Make sure you test drive this car before you buy! If you haullot's it's perfect. If for sheer driving pleasure, don't! The stock Wranler tires do a GREAT disservice to the car. The plastic in the car scratches EASY. You have to pamper what you put in or it WILL tear up. Gas mileage with K&N air filter is 24- 25 hwy and 21-22 city. Highway noise comes thru the cabin and the Wrangler tires don't help. Near 90-degree windshield catches rocks, bug etc that would bounce of more streamlined windshield. Engine in very adequate. For lot's of cabin space, there seems to be little of for actual driver accessible storage, unless you put stuff on segmented dash-tray. Oil filter crammed in.

Element!
By cherubrocky on 08/10/06 09:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So I've had my element a year now, and have been pleasently pleased with this vehicle. I've put nearly 30k miles on it in one year driving cross country. I am completely content with it! Easy to clean, works well taking it up to hood to snowboard!