2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Element
By John on 02/11/05 22:08 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very good suv, fun to drive and has the honda reliablity. Very good interior space and easy to drive. I am very happy with my purchase, sold a ford expedition and like the honda better.

2005 Rallye Red EX
By beaker on 02/11/05 15:53 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the Element. It drives well,and has excellent acceleration. I would suggest if you are considering any color that is paired with the blue or black composite panels to reconsider. The black composite panels are difficult to keep clean. I had owned my car for about 5 days when a thunderstorm came through. I drove on all paved roads, yet the dirt and mud that accumulated on the panels was unreal. I had to wash the panels at least 3x to get rid of the dirt. Water spots are also a problem. The regular gray panels would be much easier to clean. The red and black look sharp together but it takes a lot of time to clean the panels.

It's a Gimmick
By Bryan on 02/08/05 09:53 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For an SUV the Element is incredibly under powered and the AWD is no help at all with out ABS,which is not available on the LX model. The suicide doors are just a hassle especially if you are in a car pool. The person in the front seat needs to take off his/her seat belt and open the door just to let someone in the back.

Best vehicle I ever had!
By PatB on 02/07/05 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned a Blazer, Explorer, Honda CRV and I have to say the Honda Element is the most outstanding SUV. No carpeting makes it easy to keep clean and is great for hauling. The back seats are completely removable or fold them up against the side windows.This SUV is small enough to be fuel efficient yet the interior space is physically roomy and great for cargo. Best of all it hugs the road and I feel safe inside. CD player & speakers are superb! Great buy for the money-I will do it again!!

2004 Element
By Mdmeyer on 02/07/05 09:59 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Dealer claims there is not much mark up in price. Dealer will offer more for trade to off-set price. Also adding fog lights, side steps, and tent package after haggling.

Love That Element!
By Estie on 02/04/05 22:00 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I actually bought mine in July, 2003 but 2003 wasn't listed on this. I get asked frequently how I like driving it, and my answer is I love it. The price, look, functionality, design, performance, comfort are excellent. Every day we drive it, my husband & I are glad we bought it. We've done so much with it - I'd recommend it to anyone. This car seemed to be marketed for college kids but I see people of all ages driving them.

Love Affair With An Odd Duck
By Bald Eagle on 02/04/05 19:54 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Haven't enjoyed a "car" this much in a long time. Roomy, versatile, fun to drive, and above all, unique. Four cylinder engine provides good acceleration with decent gas mileage, and you can't beat Honda's reliability. It's not meant for serious off-roading, but the on-demand AWD is great on snowy roads. Seating for four may be drawback for some, but those for passengers will be comfortable and there is a ton of room in the back seat. The ride is firm, but not jarring. Quite nice for a small SUV, but if you're used to a Buick, it may be a little rough. Designed for active young adults, at 63 years old I don't fit the demographic. Maybe I'll take up kayaking.

Cool and Cheap
By Dave on 02/04/05 19:51 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love it, looks cool, has great floor and foldable seats. and it cheap. what more do you want

My Element
By diane on 02/03/05 15:12 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I chose the Element because I needed more room then a car but not too much. I have one son and we do a lot of camping, fishing, boating and I have a dog. Origionally I was looking for a small truck until I saw the Element. I LOVE it. All wheel drive is wonderful, good mileage, lots of room, lots of windows. A all around great vehicle. I highly reccommend it.

An All Purpose Vehicle
By Tom Fulton on 02/03/05 02:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Handles like a Civic, turning radius shorter than my Accord, great for hauling stuff and if you have kids they will love it. Floors and seats are made for use - no carpet and you can hose it out. Drove it in the snow and ice and it tracks like a dream. Gas mileage is not great but I've only had it 3 weeks.