Used 2005 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

The Future of the SUV is here now!
By Ted A. van Landingha

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A well-designed, practical vehicle that is both fun to drive, functional in almost any situation, and interesting to look at. This vehicle has created a sense of brotherhood amongst its owners, much the way Jeeps did in the past. Every owner that I have met says they prefer it to any auto that they have ever driven. Pros: great sound sytem, loaded with accessories, smooth car-like ride, solid and detailed constuction, huge back seat legroom, and a spacious interior. Cons: I wish Honda made an "Element Offroad" with full locking 4WD, huge tires and wheels, skid plates, a "real" roof rack like the Nissan XTERRA, and the Honda Pilot V6 engine.

Luvin' my Element
By MARCRAW

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know if I could ever own another type of vehicle. I love my Element. The vinyl floors are a lifesaver. i never worry about spills, smells or allergens. Performance is fun! i was in an accident. A car pulled out in front of me. i was impressed with how my Element protected me.

Favorite Features

Vinyl floor, it is so practical! Turning radius is awesome. Sound system is a blast!

Love it
By bronco

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We got the magnesium loaded EX AWD with fog lights because having those bulbous orbits empty seems silly. The rear is great for moving baby in and out in the car seat and being able to move to the back to calm baby without having to get out like when we had a Civic. We love the interior -everyone we know think it's awesome even those who think it looks ugly are sold when the check out the inside.

Favorite Features

The stereo with MP3 player is pretty good. The paint job is very good. We love the headroom and space in general. We love the shortness of it for parking.

Suggested Improvements

A cover for the sunroof, power sunroof, angled exterior mirrors because of really dangerous blind spots and narrow the A pillar. The B pillar U Bar has struck my head a few times as it sticks out. Gas mileage could be better-our idiot light comes on at 260miles with almost 4 gals left in tank-21mpg

Love this car!
By marilyn barker

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm very happy with my new Element. It's very comfortable to drive, I love the way it looks both inside and out. I get so many compliments from people that see me driving the car. I added roof racks and running boards which adds to it's cute appearance. At first I was tripping over the running board as I got in the car but after a few days I adjusted and now it never happens. I love the worry free interior....no panic over spills that could ruin the usual carpeted floors or plush fabrics. I'm tall and the seats are very comfortable for me. The waterproof upholstry is comfortable to sit on even in a bathing suit. I just couldn't be happier with my new car.

Favorite Features

The roominess, the seating flexibility, the over-all appearnace of the car. The driving comfort....and of course the stereo. And one more thing....I had opened all my vent windows one day (including sky light) and then ran into an unexpected down-pour....the interior didn't get wet!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a couple of more metal hooks in the rear to attach bunge cords to.

Honda Element
By bill

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Needs smoother ride. It has high RPM when you drive in the 70's - could be geared better.

Favorite Features

Big interior space head room utilitarian

Suggested Improvements

Rubberize dash tray so coins don't rattle re-gear for better mileage at high speeds