Used 2005 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

MPG Misrepresented
By ronimac

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am very disappointed in the gas mileage. I drive an equal mix of city/ highway miles and I average approx 200 miles per tankful. I fell that Honda has misrepresented the stated MPG listed on the vehicle. I have over 25 years of driving experience and I know that the poor gas mileage is not due to my driving habits. According to Consumer Report Oct. 05, one writer stated that he gets 14 MPG with his Element. I've driven Hondas since '92 and have seen the quality decline. I regret not purchasing a Rav4.

Roominess, lots of headroom, easy to clean

A/C could be colder, passenger door only opens when front doors opens, EX only has a ONE disc CD player verses a SIX disc with the LX (I guess they feel that the trial of XM for 3 months will compensate), rear of car does not cool adequately, sun roof in back needs to have a cover and/or pop up

The Best Car I Ever Have Had!
By Donette

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

L-O-V-E it! This is the best car yet for me...It is great to load my hockey gear - My dogs love the seats down and they cruise the whole car. Next trip camping - looking for to it - I still get some strange looks - but you just gotta smile - cause it is so fun to drive. Anytime someone wants to check it out stranger or not - I let them! I should be selling these cars-

The stadium seating in the back - People are amazed that there is sooo much room!

Given the gas prices these day - we all could use better mileage.

The Future of the SUV is here now!
By Ted A. van Landingha

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A well-designed, practical vehicle that is both fun to drive, functional in almost any situation, and interesting to look at. This vehicle has created a sense of brotherhood amongst its owners, much the way Jeeps did in the past. Every owner that I have met says they prefer it to any auto that they have ever driven. Pros: great sound sytem, loaded with accessories, smooth car-like ride, solid and detailed constuction, huge back seat legroom, and a spacious interior. Cons: I wish Honda made an "Element Offroad" with full locking 4WD, huge tires and wheels, skid plates, a "real" roof rack like the Nissan XTERRA, and the Honda Pilot V6 engine.

Luvin' my Element
By MARCRAW

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know if I could ever own another type of vehicle. I love my Element. The vinyl floors are a lifesaver. i never worry about spills, smells or allergens. Performance is fun! i was in an accident. A car pulled out in front of me. i was impressed with how my Element protected me.

Vinyl floor, it is so practical! Turning radius is awesome. Sound system is a blast!

Love it
By bronco

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We got the magnesium loaded EX AWD with fog lights because having those bulbous orbits empty seems silly. The rear is great for moving baby in and out in the car seat and being able to move to the back to calm baby without having to get out like when we had a Civic. We love the interior -everyone we know think it's awesome even those who think it looks ugly are sold when the check out the inside.

The stereo with MP3 player is pretty good. The paint job is very good. We love the headroom and space in general. We love the shortness of it for parking.

A cover for the sunroof, power sunroof, angled exterior mirrors because of really dangerous blind spots and narrow the A pillar. The B pillar U Bar has struck my head a few times as it sticks out. Gas mileage could be better-our idiot light comes on at 260miles with almost 4 gals left in tank-21mpg