2005 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Very Spacious Interior
By Carl on 03/05/05 09:22 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Roomy versitile cargo space in a small package. Ease of entry and exiting car is superb. Free of rattles and noise level is accepable. Same engine as Accord so power is adequate. Finish is good but lots of composite parts. If you want a practical, economic SUV to haul things and carry four people in comfort it's great. This is not plus inside,no carpeting and seats are comfortable but basic.I have not yet tested the 4WD feature in bad WX like snow. It works for me.

Very Spacious Interior
By Carl on 03/05/05 09:22 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Roomy versatile cargo space in a small package. Ease of entry and exiting car is superb. Free of rattles and noise level is accepable. Same engine as Accord so power is adequate. Finish is good but lots of composite parts. If you want a practical, economic SUV to haul things and carry four people in comfort, it's great. This is not plus inside, no carpeting and seats are comfortable but basic. I have not yet tested the 4WD feature in bad WX like snow. It works for me.

Too Much Fun
By Betty on 03/04/05 19:41 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I find this vehicle to be a blast to drive. I have never owned a four cylinder vehicle and this I must say has the pick up I need. It is simply amazing at what you can pack in such a compact vehicle. It does have some road noise but the super sound system takes care of that. I find this vehicle has most all the opions a person needs to be comfortable. The seating is great and I have back problems. I would highly recommend this car to anyone and too, I must say the fuel economy is super and in this time and age we need to consider that. Overall it is just a fun little SUV that packs an amazing amout of stuff and is a lot of fun to drive.

My second one
By kathleen sims on 03/03/05 16:17 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my 1st Element and I'm sure I will love my second. I am constantly hauling something, flowers, antiques, laundry to the cleaners etc, etc. Loading and unloading are a breeze when you can open both doors to one space. I didn't trade in my 1st Element as my daughter is now driving it. She has 2 sons and needs lots of room and a cleanable car.

Loving the elements
By CSKID on 02/27/05 06:42 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Do alot of traveling...Love the way the element drives and looks. Handles the curves of hwy 299 excellently at decent speeds !!!! Didn't feel too top heavy. The element shifts up and down easily...Fifth gear did great going up i5's grapevine with the best of them and even on steep grades going down, hardly needed to use the brakes going down in third.

The perfect surf vehicle
By bryan on 02/23/05 20:43 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

While the element certainly is not for everyone, the decidedly non-SUV/minivan shape and the waterproof interior make it the perfect car to take to the beach with your surfboards strapped on. Not only is the floor made of rubber, but the seats are made of a waterproof material. Upon returning home, just open the doors, hose out the sand and let it drip dry.The 2WD EX 5-speed has excellent acceleration and plenty of power in all gears. Fuel consumption is OK.100s of satellite radio channels and a way-above-par radio for a honda product make choosing the EX trim line a no-brainer.In short, you certainly won't see (nor expect to) five kids in soccer uniforms come pouring out.

Great Design
By Hairy on 02/20/05 20:49 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

On the way to buying a BMW all wheeldrive 3 series wagon, we bought thiselement. The wife had the choice betweenthe Element and the BMW. The decisionwas not close; the Element had the appeal.It is a great little vehicle. Verypractical and fun. The BMW is quicker,but more expensive, and a lot lesspractical.This vehicle will easily carry fouradults, a big dog, and luggage. This isvery unusual in a small SUV or wagon.This vehicle was aimed at the surferdude market. While it may be great forthem, it is also great for the 40+ crowdwho are not trapped by stereo types.

two years, still love it
By robert on 02/19/05 20:00 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Element for two years now (33+k miles), no problems at all. of any kind. It's great for camping, and typical "family-duty" hauling. It's a lot smaller than my old Dakota, yet I find it'll still carry all my stuff. the doors are odd, and are a hassle when wedged in a tight parking spot, but have a lot of advantages too.

Element
By jpowens03 on 02/19/05 17:01 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The only problem I have is the gas mileage. Other then that I LOVE this car!!!

Disappointed But Satisfied
By JOSEPHPLAVIAK on 02/17/05 06:03 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Element has fallen short in a few areas. The "AWD" is far from AWD. When I bought the Element, it was called REALTIME 4 WHEEL DRIVE. In essence FWD assisted by the rear wheels when the computer senses slippage. Granted, I have never been stuck. My next disappointment is the "A" post. The "A" posts cause serious blind spots when making 90 degree turns. Next, I go on to the tires. The 215/70/R16 is a unique tire size, which makes it expensive and hard to find in anything other than an all season radial. Lastly, the front end construction. DONT get in a fender bender, it'll be expensive. There is literally no bumper to stop the radiator from being damaged in a minor collision.